Is Celebrity a "Premium Line"

detroitcruiser

Is Celebrity a Premium line?  

543 members have voted

1. 1. Is Celebrity a Premium line?

• Yes
    • No, just the best of the mass market lines
    • Huh, I thought CCL was a premium line!

Someone Please give me a definition "premium", Once i understand how the cruise industrydefines its terms then I can answer the thread question. I was told that HAL "was" premium.. I have been on HAL... :(

According to websters " a high value or a value in excess of that normally or usually expected. so with that being said.

So What IS "PREMIUM"?

My understanding is that "premium" is essentially a mass market cruise line that is a step above the others, but not quite in the same league as the luxury cruise lines. The lower end cabins on Celebrity Ships are not that different in price from other mass market cruise lines, and provide an opportunity to have a superior cruise experience without paying signficantly more for it.

Hi all,

I have cruised often with RCI, 3 Celebrity Cruises. I love the RCI Ships, but for me Celebrity can truly namend a " premium crusie- Line" ! The little thinkgs make the difference. ( It´s often been namend already, so I guess you know all what I mean)

Consider just Celebrtiy´s Cova Cafes and RCI ´s Seattles Best- the first served in nice china, with a choclate at the side, the second ( RCI) in Papercups- uahhhhh! When I go to Starbucks I don´t suspect real China- but on a cruise ship??? Hm Different Story! If their ships were not that great, I never would choose RCI again. For me if I have the opinion I would rather take Celebrity - Ship!

I think you can make a cruise on 3 star - ship a real great expericence and then there are people you can´t satisfy- for those a 5 Star-ship can be horrible. It depends on your " way of life" as will call it!

Michael

I enjoyed my first cruise with Celebrity but I have to be honest, their customer service from headquaters is incompetent. Before the cruise, their Webpage wouldn't accept my pre booking excursions. I was told to e-mail them what excursions I wanted and include my credit card number and exp date. They lost it.

We ordered a cruise video onboard. They lost the master copy. No refund, no video. When we e-mail them about the problem, we only get automated responses from them. If this is upscale customer service in the cruise industry, it's a sad representation.

Rick

Archived