Air New Zealand Premium Economy

Stelladoro

We're considering a cruise from Sydney to LA in October and I'm checking prices for oneway airfare from LA to Sydney. Air NewZealand has a good deal on economy ($512 US, PP plus tax). Fare for Premium Economy seats is $1,717 US. Don't know if I can handle economy seat for such a long flight and budget won't allow cost of Bus. class seat. I'm considering using Visa points for one Prem. Ecom. seat (DH is OK with reg. econ. seat).

Prem. Economy are supposed to have 50% more recline and provide a full leg rest and foot bar. Does anyone know if the leg rest can be raised, or does it remain in the downward position? Is this a worthwhile upgrade for a long flight?

We booked the premium economy last year. I never used the foot rest but friends of mine did, or tried to. They said that they were uncomfortable and didn't work for them. They are both short - well she's under 5', he's around 5'7". That being said, the seats were great. You had a cupboard on the side of your seat to put your "stuff" so you didn't have to keep getting up into the overhead. Service was great - you had the same food as business class and great service. You could definetely sleep better in those seats then in economy and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase those again.

Yes they do slightly, nothing like a J class seat, but for a taller person it may help.

Also just to help you with your choice, the food in NZ PE is fantastic, you get basically the same meal that is served to those in J and catering on NZ is always good.

Archived