Jim and Ruth

Rutland Gate

Which hotel(s) in Ft. Lauderdale allows you to leave your car in their lot while you are cruising? We would love to find such a place to stay the night before our cruise on the Westerdam in February.

Jim,

So glad to hear you are both doing better. Recovering from surgery can be boring, but it does sound like you do have some things to occupy your time) Take it easy and give Ruth our best also.

(Thanks to Host Walt for keeping this thread on the main board. I have found the HAL board to be a true community, not just dining schedules, cabin amenities and/or port questions as on some other boards. Relationships have developed here, which makes this a special place to come. Our HAL Hosts are terrific!)

We stay at the LaQuinta in Ft Lauderdale. Do not know if all of them alow you to part free. The one we stay at is two exits past the port/airport tounoff. Turn left and it is just past the mall on the left. You can stay for up to 28 days for free with one knights stay.

The rooms are next and clean. The have both smoking and non smoking rooms. Serve a continental breakfast and offer free shuttle transport to the port. The cab ride back to the hotel is app $20.00

Hope this answers your questions.

Ruth & Jim

JIM:

Saw my primary care doctor yesterday and is is very happy with my progress. I am not having any surgical site pains but the nagging lumbar are pain on the right side has no logical reason. Gave me some new pain meds to try...

He is allowing me to return to work part time "On or about 8 August 2009." I got a 30 minute lecture on the definition of part time. I cannot start before 8:00 am and must be home by 1:00 pm 4 to 5 days a week. He instructed Ruth to call him if I start doing too much.

If this works out ok I will stay onpart time and not return to work full time. At my age part time sounds very nice. We do not need the money but I cannot deal with being in the house all day with Ruth. I love her dearly but we may kill each other if I do not get out of the house.

RUTH:

She is back to physical theropy 2-3 times a week and seems to be improving. She is able to make it to the hairdressor and nail shop weekly without problems and is going to the Mall after physical theropy today.

This will be our last update.

We would like to thank all of you for your concern, well wishes, and prayers.

We have made it through this situation and shortely will be back to normal

Ruth & Jim

I cannot deal with being in the house all day with Ruth. I love her dearly but we may kill each other if I do not get out of the house.

That reminds me of my mother when my father retired. She said she "took him for better or for worse, but not for lunch -- get out!" and he started consulting a few days a week!

Jim this is all great news :) Knowing that Ruth is heading to the mall assures me she is doing well ;)

Now as for you, we may need to place a timer that does something annoying that your patients would hate in your pocket that goes off when you are to quit working :D

Archived