Leave Tomorrow, still on wait list.

lbcruise

I have never been on a wait list before so I don't know how to handle this. I have been patient and just watched but now I'm thinking I have waited to long. Leave tomorrow and still on wait list for early dinning, traveling with 2 children. Do I need to just come to terms that we will be dinning late?

when you board, if you have late dining on your Sail and Sign card, go see the mait're d at the time listed in the capers and ask to have it changed. Many people like late seating, so there is a good chance that there will be some assigned that want to change to early.

Cruzn

On my Carnival cruise earlier this month I had requested and been confirmed for late dining. When "anytime dining" was offered about 6 wks. before we sailed I called my PVP and changed to it. I received email confirming the change. When we got our S&S cards before boarding we were listed on them for early dining-the only time I'd never asked for!! A quick visit to the maitre d and we were told we would be advised by noon on day 2 if we could change. Sure enough at 11:45 a.m. on day 2 we got a note with the time changed to anytime dining. Just had to do early dining 1st night. I guess what I'm saying is, even if your time is confirmed before you sail, doesn't mean you'll get it, but it's easily corrected.

Even if it said 'confirmed', it would not be guaranteed. All that 'confirmed' means is that it has been confirmed that you requested early seating. No dining time is confirmed unless you are platinum. EM

We opted for early seating this last time and it was confirmed as early but when we got our S&S card it said late dining. we tried it out the first nite and actually loved the late seating only b/c our waiter an assistant was awesome. They was actually brother and sister. :D Like others have said if it says the time ya dont want they have a time where you can go see the mait're d and get it switched.

I have never been on a wait list before so I don't know how to handle this. I have been patient and just watched but now I'm thinking I have waited to long. Leave tomorrow and still on wait list for early dinning, traveling with 2 children. Do I need to just come to terms that we will be dinning late?

Hey, it could be worse! When I read the title of your thread, I thought you meant you were waitlisted to be ON the cruise! :eek:

This truly is no big deal.....if you don't get the dining you need simply go see the Maitre d' and have it changed to the time you need when you get on board. As my signature says, worry is as useless as a handle on a snowball. Don't waste anymore grey cells on this one. You're going to be fine :)

Nobody really knows their dinner assignment until they are onboard, if you find you have a late one, go to the main dining room right away to see the MaitreD and he can get it changed if there is room at early dining.

Good luck!!!!

Carole

Thanks for all the info. We had late dinning 2 years ago and my daughter, 4 at the time, kept falling asleep at dinner. The thought of that happening had never crossed our mind. Now she is six, more energetic, and we have lost the nap, so I'm thinking once I make her sit down she still may fall asleep. Otherwise I would love late dinning, more time at the pool!

Even if it said 'confirmed', it would not be guaranteed. All that 'confirmed' means is that it has been confirmed that you requested early seating. No dining time is confirmed unless you are platinum. EM

This is what people don't understand. They think that if they are listed as "confirmed" it means they are guaranteed to get the dining time they are "confirmed" for. Not true, as we have heard from quite a few people who had "confirmed" time on their documents but once on the ship it was not what they had requested.

I wish Carnival would have just left it alone......it is more confusing now than it was before this "confirmed" and "waitlisted" thing that they are doing.

Not at all!

The fact that you are wait listed doesn't mean that you will end up with late seating. They only assign approximately 80% of the seats before hand. They are assigned in the order that reservations are made. It is likely that you are part of the 20% that will still end up in early. (they have to make sure that there is room for all the platinum cruisers, etc.)

This is what people don't understand. They think that if they are listed as "confirmed" it means they are guaranteed to get the dining time they are "confirmed" for. Not true, as we have heard from quite a few people who had "confirmed" time on their documents but once on the ship it was not what they had requested.

I wish Carnival would have just left it alone......it is more confusing now than it was before this "confirmed" and "waitlisted" thing that they are doing.

This is no longer true. Carnival now confirms seating and that is what it means. (Well at least John Heald in his blog says that it what it means.) If you are confirmed then that will be your seating time. (The change took place about 45 days ago) The myth is that people cannot understand that confirmed means just that, if it says conformed that is the time you have.

Just back from the Fantasy. We were wait listed for early dining and when we got on the ship we had anytime dining. Not a big fan of anytime dining but like it better than late dining. We went to dinner around 6:15 every night and never had to wait to be seated.

You can have matre d change your dining time after boarding. No worries.

This is no longer true. Carnival now confirms seating and that is what it means. (Well at least John Heald in his blog says that it what it means.) If you are confirmed then that will be your seating time. (The change took place about 45 days ago) The myth is that people cannot understand that confirmed means just that, if it says conformed that is the time you have.

post 5 & 7 seem to contradict what JH says in his blog.

Bill

Archived