Need to book, but

crestofawave

Very close to booking Monte Carlo - Rome on the Wind departing in July, very excited and happy that the kids would be ok ( thanks for all the previous advice) Then saw an avert for Celebrity going to similar ports in October half term when the weather might be cooler and for £6k we could have the penthouse as opposed to £13k on the Silver Wind in July . Just wondered what you all thought.

Thanks

Just calculate the extra charges for beverages, etc. and do whatever you feel comfortable with. All the advice that has been given is all we can do for you here. Perhaps you ned to consult with a Travel Agent to do a complete cost analysis that would fit your family.

We have been on both Celebrity and Silversea and if it were us with children of the ages of yours would definately choose Celebrity as there is far more going on for them. With such a great difference in price, don't think that you would spend that much in extras!!!

Having sailed the Constellation in a suite in Feb and the Shadow in December, it comes down to best house in a lesser neighborhood, or smaller house in a fantastic neighborhood. With kids you might be better off on Celebritry, but food, service and onboard atmosphere there is no comparison between the two.

We had a similar dilemma, but with no kids involved. Celebrity and SS both have Mediterranean cruises in October going to similar ports. We did the calculations and with the great promo that is in effect for the SS cruise, there was very little difference in price once I factored in the extra costs of beverages etc. Now, the Celebrity room would have had a balcony (we will miss that) but to me there was no decision.

That being said, if I were traveling with kids of any age, I would have choosen Celebrity, or another larger ship that offered more to do than eat and drink onboard. JMHO.

Archived