Westerdam-Butchart Gardens Excursion

sdca

Does anyone know how much time you actually have at Butchart Gardens?

As we understand it the travel time to the gardens is about 45 minutes each way.

The excursion leaves at 7:45 and is 3 1/2 hours long.

Does the 3 1/2 hours include travel time to and from Butchart Gardens or do we have 3 1/2 hours at the gardens?

Does anyone know how much time you actually have at Butchart Gardens?

As we understand it the travel time to the gardens is about 45 minutes each way.

The excursion leaves at 7:45 and is 3 1/2 hours long.

Does the 3 1/2 hours include travel time to and from Butchart Gardens or do we have 3 1/2 hours at the gardens?

You'll actually wind up with about 2.5 hours in the gardens, which I've found is plenty of time. I've done that excursion in the past and will do it again on the Zaandam this coming October. I love Butchert Gardens.

Note too that the excursion is actually called Butchard Gardens and Short City Tour, so you also get a nice panoramic drive-through of Victoria as well. We had double-decker buses the last time, so you could opt to sit on the second level out of doors.

You'll see the Empress Hotel (beautiful) and all the other highlights of Victoria in a narrated tour. Once you get to the Gardens, you'll be on your own, however, and they'll just tell you what time to be back at the bus for the drive back to the ship.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Rita,

Thanks for your quick response.

The excursion we are doing is in the evening and so it is only the Gardens and unfourtunatley does not include a city tour.

Fred

Travel time is included in your tour length. So, if it's scheduled to last 3 1/2 hours, and 1 1/2 hours are commuting, then the most you will have is 2 hours there. You need to subtract a little time from that, as it takes a little while to load the busses and hit the road.

Reports in other threads have listed it as about 1 1/2 hours at Butchart Gardens.

My wife amd I were on this excursion the first week in June from the Westerdam.

We had about 2 hours actually at the gardens. The gardens were amazing and I wish we would have had more time.

The trip to and from the gardens was quite uneventful. Our particular tour guide was not that emjoyable but we did enjoy the gardens.

TazzMann

. . . I've done that excursion in the past and will do it again on the Zaandam this coming October. I love Butchert Gardens.

We went to Butchard Gardens earlier this month and loved it. We would go again, as different flowers are in bloom in different seasons.

Woody

We did this off the Westie and had about two hours in the gardens ... it was enough time for me to enjoy the gardens without feeling too rushed, and I'm a gardener.

Slightly OT, but love the nickname "Westie"! Cute.

Archived