Why does Carnival love thier decorator??

LUV THE SEA

I was just reading a board on Carnival vs RCI....same stuff...but it is funny when I read everything that everyone loves about Carnival...some love the food or entertainment or price...no one unless I have missed them ever says they love the decor of the ship...so why do you think Carnival keeps using the same designer??? I know many people from Carnival read the boards so if the decor is never ranked highley...why don't you think they change it???

I was just reading a board on Carnival vs RCI....same stuff...but it is funny when I read everything that everyone loves about Carnival...some love the food or entertainment or price...no one unless I have missed them ever says they love the decor of the ship...so why do you think Carnival keeps using the same designer??? I know many people from Carnival read the boards so if the decor is never ranked highley...why don't you think they change it???

You've mised a lot of posts on here then. Everyone seems to love Joe Fargas. Read all the reviews of the things people say about the ships when they first board them. The two main complaints that people have though, are the infamous grapes in the dining room of the Miracle and the other being that the general layout of all the Carnival Ships tends to be the same these days (which he doesn't have control over).

I love the quirky decor! It's part of the fun. Sometimes you think it's neat, other times it's worth a laugh of "what were they thinking?!?" but it's always interesting.

Sad part is, after cruising Carnival so much other lines' decor just looks dull to me and like all their ships look the same inside. With Carnival, each ship is a new destination with a new theme and new stuff to look at. I certainly wouldn't want any of it in my house, but I think it's great fun on vacation!

I love the quirky decor! It's part of the fun. Sometimes you think it's neat, other times it's worth a laugh of "what were they thinking?!?" but it's always interesting.

Sad part is, after cruising Carnival so much other lines' decor just looks dull to me and like all their ships look the same inside. With Carnival, each ship is a new destination with a new theme and new stuff to look at. I certainly wouldn't want any of it in my house, but I think it's great fun on vacation!

My sentiments exactly!! hubby and I love the decor..maybe cause it was our first ship but others seem dull. We even love the grapes :D

I think that people who complain about the decor on Carnival ships don't quite understand the entire concept of the line. It is based on Mardi Gras, Carnivale and other pre-Lent celebrations that have wild colors and eccentric celebrations. It is meant to be a fantasy, a party. The whole "Fun Ships" idea. It's not meant to look like your house or some boring mainstream hotel. Cruiser's are not going to live there forever - it's a vacation to take you away from the real world for a brief time.

We enjoy their ships and don't take them seriously, which I believe is the idea. :)

Many of us love the madness of Joe Farcus.

The ships he has designed are full of fun, brilliance, glitz and surprises around every corner.

I start smiling everytime I enter the Atrium and continue all week. He has a wonderful sense of the absurd, the abstract, the color palate and his places of pure beauty are awesome.

It's not for everyone but I think many who cruise Carnival love his designs....

It certainly isn't RCCL, that's for sure.

My wife and I have loved all the Carnival ships that we have been on, and have said it many times on these boards. We see nothing wrong with how the ships are decorated. They decor has always been bright, colorful, fun and sometimes a little hint of history. You know The Fun Ships. People can say the ships are nice or beautiful. To they have to come right out and say the decor is beautiful. I thought the decor was part of the ship, but next time I say the ship way wonderful. I will try to all put in something about the decor, for those people who need you to come right out and say it. MY WIFE AND I THOUGHT THAT THEN DECOR ON THE TRIUMPH, VALOR AND LIBERTY WERE ALL VERY NICE AND REALLY BEAUTIFUL!

Hummm... sounds like you've missed a lot of posts.

I, myself, have posted dozens of comments about how Joe Farcus has woven an amazing tapestry of color and shape on Carnival ships.

For my money, they're brilliant. The Splendor, from stem to stern, is the most lovely use of space I've ever seen.

:)

I Love Carnival,:D but not a fan of the decor on most of the ships including the Splendor:eek:. I also wish they would mix the colors up in the staterooms a bit so I don't have the deja-vu feeling each time I board. I do understand that some enjoy feeling like they have been there before and maybe even at home in their surroundings.

OK, don't bash me for saying that, its all in the eye of the beholder. I don't let it influence my experience on the ship, as I always have a great time.

I love that not everyone has the same tastes in design, it makes the world a lot more interesting. :p

I think the decor on Carnival is attrocious. BUT..........their prices keep me coming back. Its too bad their ships arent drop dead gorgeous like Royal Caribbeans. But then again we have to pay for all that glitz on RC. Princess falls somewhere between the two as far as decorating goes.

I wonder just how many of those goofy little bedside lights Carnival still has in their warehouse. Hey Carnival........How about some new lights on the new ships????

Personally, I love the decor... It creates an atmosphere that says "vacation" to us because it is like no other place we have been. The other lines look like glorified shopping malls, and if I wanted that I have those at home. You can tell that a lot of thought and consideration went into the theming of the ship, and every little lamp or tile plays a part in telling whatever "story" Farcus is trying to convey. I've been on the Miracle 3 times (neon grapes and all) and I still notice things that I never saw before. Other people say its too Las Vegas or gaudy, maybe they're just too vanilla to appreciate it.

I think that people who complain about the decor on Carnival ships don't quite understand the entire concept of the line. It is based on Mardi Gras, Carnivale and other pre-Lent celebrations that have wild colors and eccentric celebrations. It is meant to be a fantasy, a party. The whole "Fun Ships" idea. It's not meant to look like your house or some boring mainstream hotel. Cruiser's are not going to live there forever - it's a vacation to take you away from the real world for a brief time.

We enjoy their ships and don't take them seriously, which I believe is the idea. :)

Exactly! Of all of the Carnival ships so far, the Valor, as pretty as she is, was underwhelming when you first board. We are so looking forward to being on the Pride.:D

Personally, I love the decor... It creates an atmosphere that says "vacation" to us because it is like no other place we have been. The other lines look like glorified shopping malls, and if I wanted that I have those at home. You can tell that a lot of thought and consideration went into the theming of the ship, and every little lamp or tile plays a part in telling whatever "story" Farcus is trying to convey. I've been on the Miracle 3 times (neon grapes and all) and I still notice things that I never saw before. Other people say its too Las Vegas or gaudy, maybe they're just too vanilla to appreciate it.

WOW!! Congratulations!! You broke the code.. BIGTIME!!

I love wandering the ships and enjoying the details that link the theme bow to stern. Each ship, with the exception of the Dream, has a central theme. They're a wonderful journey through the theme for those who want to enjoy it and for those who don't it's a pleasant atmosphere that simply enhances the experience!!!

:)

People that go to Madi Gras don't complain about the cheap beads and the costumes and the partying.......... so how come people go on a Carnival ship if the design is so bad to them?

We love to see what over the top thing he'll come up with next. It's a FUN ship and designed to stimulate the brain and simulate Mardi Gras.

People are too full of themselves and need to lighten up or just cruise elsewhere if they hate it, there are plenty of cookie cutter ships out there for them to choose from.

JMO, Carole

The most OVER THE TOP DECOR on board was the Ecstasy, AND I LOVED IT. :)

Each ship has its own unique design, and it is simply the backdrop for what happens on board. I've never focused on it. It's exciting. And when people say it loves "VEGAS", guess what? MOST PEOPLE LOVE VEGAS!!

I don't gamble, but on our one and only trip to see Celine, we spent some of our free time to see the VEGAS decor of the hotels.

The line is #1. What needs to change?

I LOVE THE FARCUS DECOR AND PLANNING!!!

It's amazing how he carries the plan and theme thru the whole vessel. On the Fantasy, I went from place to place looking for the next fantasy and then I just sat there and enjoyed and day dreamed!!! I can't imagine the decor on the DREAM...

He carries the theme throughout the ship. On the Conquest... I love the Impressionists. You feel each painter as you take part of the fun in the room or area.

It's like a museum on the water.

I have mentioned it MANY MANY times!!! The color, the theme, the LIFE!!!! It's an important part of enjoying the cruise!!!!!

I for one love Vegas and all the glam and glitz. I do like the decorating on the Carnival ships. When we stepped on the ship for the first time you just have to smile. That is when you say you are on vacation. I also think that they could probably carry it into the cabins, the cabins are a little vanilla to me. I think it would be very cool to decorate the cabins in the themes that are through out the ship.:p

A Carnival ship without Farcus....would be like Richard Simmons without his "signature outfit".

Now I would never wear that outfit...but he wouldn't be Richard Simmons without it.

I think a lot of people who hate the carnival 'interior decoration' just don't get it. They look at it, but they don't see it. Farcus has a wonderful sense of humor, a vast knowledge base from which to pull, and a certain, tongue-in-cheek, in your face presentation that, once you've experienced one of the ships, you feel that you are part of the in crowd and you get the inside jokes. Or you don't and think its pointless and over the top.

For me at least, the decor gives me something to do on sea days - wander the ship, trying to discover all the little jokes, asides, puns, and points. Its like a giant puzzle waiting to be figured out...

Archived