Why does Carnival love thier decorator??

LUV THE SEA

The number crunchers at Carnival headquarters would have no trouble replacing Farcus if his concepts were pushing customers away, but thankfully carnival cruisers accept and enjoy his visions or are more interested in going on vacation and getting away from the comforts of home

I think the reason is two fold--

1. Some customers enjoy the fun decor.

2. Every time a cruiser mentions the decor, it gets people talking. I'm sure they've booked more than a few customers who say "I've gotta' see this for myself."

No publicity is bad publicity, people! Why would they change the one thing that everyone seems to want to talk about?

...which is why I can't stop taking pictures of it.. :D

GlassWorx-58.jpg

I caught my wife trying to steal these awful light fittings

Neptuneslights-957.jpg

I said..Lady what are you doing? :cool:

She says, I so hate these, I'm taking them home to hang them over my dining table!

"What do women want?!" :eek:

I think the decor on Carnival is attrocious. BUT..........their prices keep me coming back. Its too bad their ships arent drop dead gorgeous like Royal Caribbeans. But then again we have to pay for all that glitz on RC. Princess falls somewhere between the two as far as decorating goes.

I wonder just how many of those goofy little bedside lights Carnival still has in their warehouse. Hey Carnival........How about some new lights on the new ships????

I would venture to say that the decor on Carnival costs more than on RCCL as most accents from a light bulb to laminate are custom made..

WOW!! Congratulations!! You broke the code.. BIGTIME!!

I love wandering the ships and enjoying the details that link the theme bow to stern. Each ship, with the exception of the Dream, has a central theme. They're a wonderful journey through the theme for those who want to enjoy it and for those who don't it's a pleasant atmosphere that simply enhances the experience!!!

:)

All Design tells a story.. The presentation boards created by the interior designers during a corporate presentation usually accompany "the story"... You would be surprised by the analogies and metaphors used in these stories... Talk about guilding the lily!

I would say one of the more perfect examples is the flow of 'the story' on the Miracle..:)

woah let's not get carried away

:)Thats for damn sure!

Carnivals decor is hideous........and yes I do get it;) And anyone who compares the decor to Vegas has not been to Vegas lately(unless you stay in the seedy downtown hotels)......the hotels we stay at in Vegas are grand, beautiful and elegant more like RCCL and Princess decor......

I love the decor on Carnival ships. The first ship I was on was Ecstasy and I loved it. Definitely didn't think it was over the top. I agree with a previous poster, Farcus Rules!!!

The Ecstasy is the ugliest ship I have sailed on........to me it looked like neon vomit:p:D

Farcus has always amazed me by his ability to tie seemingly minor touches into the theme of the vessel.

The Splendor is all about 'splendid things'... The aft Lido Deck is dedicated to splendid ships. The Cunard ships Queen Mary and the Normandie are displayed as half models on the wall of the aft pool area.

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

The sense of those ships is carried on in other facets of the aft Lido deck... the bar represents the bow of a Cunarder:

IMG_2163.jpg

The sconces that separate the windows in the same area are emblematic of Cunard funnels:

IMG_2164.jpg

I think what Farcus has done has been brilliant in an unusual sort of way. He's created a backdrop that can be either white noise or a focal point of a cruise. It's really up to the individual to gather from it what they will.

It's much like a museum... you see some people breeze by the displays without a nod to the art and others spend hours taking in the complexity of the entire scene.

Carnivals decor is hideous........and yes I do get it And anyone who compares the decor to Vegas has not been to Vegas lately(unless you stay in the seedy downtown hotels)......the hotels we stay at in Vegas are grand, beautiful and elegant more like RCCL and Princess decor......

LOL You absolutely get it... more than most;)

Farcus has always amazed me by his ability to tie seemingly minor touches into the theme of the vessel.

The Splendor is all about 'splendid things'... The aft Lido Deck is dedicated to splendid ships. The Cunard ships Queen Mary and the Normandie are displayed as half models on the wall of the aft pool area.

The sense of those ships is carried on in other facets of the aft Lido deck... the bar represents the bow of a Cunarder:

The sconces that separate the windows in the same area are emblematic of Cunard funnels:

I think what Farcus has done has been brilliant in an unusual sort of way. He's created a backdrop that can be either white noise or a focal point of a cruise. It's really up to the individual to gather from it what they will.

It's much like a museum... you see some people breeze by the displays without a nod to the art and others spend hours taking in the complexity of the entire scene.

This is what designers do.. Having worked with the interior designers that have been subcontracted to design different areas on the ships (Carnival, Celebrity, RCCL... ) They are given the agenda, the theme, the 'rules'.. it all must tie in..

But this is not limited to cruise ships.. this philosphy is practiced by most commercial designers no matter the structure or building is....

I was not criticizing the decor...just after reading soem posts the decor becomes more of an area of contention with some...it seems like a love hate thing...I have been on 2 Carnival ships and will be on the Freedom next month...they say it is more ecelectic and no overall theme...

I am glad to see how many people love the design... I was myself on Miracle...on the inaugaural voyage and even some Carnival people were wondering about the pink grapes...I wondered about the Mad Hatter Lounge

I loved the Glory...and now I will get to see the Freedom...One thing you can say...is that they are all unique and different....:)

I think that people who complain about the decor on Carnival ships don't quite understand the entire concept of the line. It is based on Mardi Gras, Carnivale and other pre-Lent celebrations that have wild colors and eccentric celebrations. It is meant to be a fantasy, a party. The whole "Fun Ships" idea. It's not meant to look like your house or some boring mainstream hotel. Cruiser's are not going to live there forever - it's a vacation to take you away from the real world for a brief time.

We enjoy their ships and don't take them seriously, which I believe is the idea. :)

This is so true.

Archived