Dolphin Encounter - better in Cozumel or Ocho Rios?

We are headed on Liberty of the Seas on August and I am just starting to look at day trips and can't decide where to do our swimming with the dolphins experience. We have a 6 year old and a 3 1/2 year old (almost 4 when we sail) and want to figure out which location would be the best for them. Is the Dolphin experience in Cozumel located within Chankanab park? if so I remember it being a small enclosure but have nothing to compare it to as I have not been to Ocho Rios before.

thoughts????

We are headed on Liberty of the Seas on August and I am just starting to look at day trips and can't decide where to do our swimming with the dolphins experience. We have a 6 year old and a 3 1/2 year old (almost 4 when we sail) and want to figure out which location would be the best for them. Is the Dolphin experience in Cozumel located within Chankanab park? if so I remember it being a small enclosure but have nothing to compare it to as I have not been to Ocho Rios before.

thoughts????

Yes, the Cozumel dolphin swim is located within Chankanab Park. It's about a 10 minute cab ride from the port. We did this excursion in May and it was unforgettable. The "swimming" area is located down a long pier and would not be conducive for children to be standing on unattended.

There is a website showing Chankanab Park and the dolphin swim details. Just do a Google search on dolphin swim plus cozumel plus Chankanab Park and I think you'll be able to see the area well.

I did the dolphin swim in chankanab park a few years ago and it was amazing, We did the most expensive swim but it was worth every penny! You got to first just hang out on the edge while the trainer introduced you to 2 dolphins everyone got to interact with them a lot along with that you got to hold on to there dorsal fins while they pulled you and they push you by your feet (you feel like superman and get pushed out of the water) and you get a kiss and to hold them. There was not more then 10 people in each group and well worth it. After the park is very nice to to walk around and lay on the beach there!

I would highly recommend this one!:D

On a recent 3-generation cruise, we visited Chankanab Park where our kids & older grandkids swam with the dolphins and absolutely loved it. However, you may want to check the minimum age requirement. As I recall, children must be at least 8 years old to swim with the dolphins. Our youngest grandchildren thoroughly enjoyed playing on the beach -- there is a small sandy area with shallow water -- and others said the snorkeling was good.

The park is safe, clean and easy to get to. Don't bother taking the ship's tour...you can make all the arrangements through Chankanab's web site...and have the freedom to arrive & depart at your leisure. It's only about a 10-minute drive from the dock. Also, those who have paid to swim with the dolphins will get vouchers which can be used to pay any taxi between the ship & the park and return.

Archived