28-day Australia cruise on Dawn Princess

travlinmadlin

My husband & I just signed up for a cruise on the Dawn Princess for 28 days all around Australia. It starts and ends in Sydney and begins in the spring 2010. We signed up for the 3/6 sailing. Has anyone done this itinerary before, or is this a totally new one? I'd also like to hear from anyone else signed up for this particular cruise.

I was looking at doing this sailing in the fall of 2010, but decided on the 29-day Grand Asia (Bangkok-Auckland) on the Diamond instead. It was significantly cheaper and I still get to see about 6+ Aussie ports.

Hi ya, we are booked to do the cruise on the 18th November 09 [not long now-yippee]

Found a CC review by starskyfan, if you're interested.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=49560

Will let ya know how it goes! Please keep in touch!

cheers

Blues & Bubbs ;)

PS

DP has just come out of drydock and had a massive overhaul! some great photos here

http://www.princess.com/dawndrydock/index.html

I did the 28-day circumnavigation on Sun Princess March '09. It was a great experience for me as I had never been to OZ. We missed the Great Barrier Reef due to Cyclone Hamish and Ningaloo Reef because of high winds and I was disappointed but stuff happens. Expect HOT weather in the north, but it gets cold in the south, especially Tasmania - wear layers. We got tropical rains several times in the north.

OZ is BIG! Your excursion book won't tell you how long it takes to get to some of the places offered, so I recommend you ask at the Excursion Desk before booking if you don't like long bus rides.

Beware of the laundry room jams - on our cruise there were several unpleasant encounters. Since I travel solo, I just wash things in my bath sink when necessary so I didn't get involved in the laundry room dramas.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as I enjoyed mine.

We have booked the March 6th cruise. Circumnavigations of Oz seem to becoming more popular. We have been to most of the Ports before, so looking forward to "just cruising"......:D

Thanks for all the info! I'll keep checking here for reviews of the newly-remodeled Dawn Princess and any recommendations for shore excursions in Australia.

Hi ya, we are booked to do the cruise on the 18th November 09 [not long now-yippee]

Found a CC review by starskyfan, if you're interested.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=49560

Will let ya know how it goes! Please keep in touch!

cheers

Blues & Bubbs ;)

PS

DP has just come out of drydock and had a massive overhaul! some great photos here

http://www.princess.com/dawndrydock/index.html

Thank you for the informative links! Please let me know how your cruise goes!

I was looking at doing this sailing in the fall of 2010, but decided on the 29-day Grand Asia (Bangkok-Auckland) on the Diamond instead. It was significantly cheaper and I still get to see about 6+ Aussie ports.

I would say this is a good choice. I can't say I've been on either ship, but I regularly see the Dawn in port here in Sydney, and I'd have to say the Diamond would be somewhat nicer than Dawn.

And 6 Aussie ports is PLENTY. I can't even think of 6 that would be see-worthy (pun intended).

Beware of the laundry room jams - on our cruise there were several unpleasant encounters.

LOL, we had some of those on our 30 night transpacific cruises too!

We would love to do this cruise one day soon, and it looks like we might have the time starting next year. I forget the details on the Captain's Circle benefits...if we're Elite, do we get the free laundry/dry cleaning and internet, or not? Thanks!

Archived