QV Q's

EssexGary

Hi all just a couple of quick ones.. We're on the QV for the first time in Aug and really looking forward to it.

1) Does anyone know if Churchills has a door/exit/opening window? From the plan It looks like there may be a deck directly outside which would be perfect for cigars under the stars (one of the biggest problems with Churchills on QM2 I think is the lack of fresh air!)

2) Which southampton dock will she sail from on 17th Aug? QM2 is in port too so I'm guessing not QE2?

Thanks!

Gary

Hi all just a couple of quick ones.. We're on the QV for the first time in Aug and really looking forward to it.

1) Does anyone know if Churchills has a door/exit/opening window? From the plan It looks like there may be a deck directly outside which would be perfect for cigars under the stars (one of the biggest problems with Churchills on QM2 I think is the lack of fresh air!)

2) Which southampton dock will she sail from on 17th Aug? QM2 is in port too so I'm guessing not QE2?

Thanks!

Gary

Gary,

1) the open area of 10 deck starts immediately aft of Churchill's - there is an access door from the corridor onto the open deck, but I don't think there is access directl for Churchill's itself.

2) at the moment the Soton VTS site shows her booked to depart from the Mayflower terminal, but I suppose this could change before then.

J

Thanks!

Gary

Sorry Gary but that made me laugh, lack of fresh air and Churchills:D

Yes a door does take you directly onto the deck from Churchills.

We have been back home apx a week now from a Med cruise on QV. Loved every min. Looking forward to booking the next trip with Cunard

Sorry Gary but that made me laugh, lack of fresh air and Churchills:D

I know, a bit of an oxy moron really... but I always wish that the roof opened or the window came down, for the protection of my clothes, if not my lungs! the silly extractor fan they have in the corner is just about as effective as one of those hand held battery op. face fans!

I can imgaine on the QV huge gushes of smoke coming out from the door onto the deck if their is actually a door! will be like tower inferno. :D

1) Does anyone know if Churchills has a door/exit/opening window?

If I remember right, Churchill's does have a door that opens to the deck. This little deck area was being used for some sort of "ring toss" game I believe. I'm fairly sure that cigars are not welcome out there during the day -- but in the evening it might be something that could be arranged. The annoying thing for me was the cigarette smokers who were using Churchill's.

Archived