Rental Cars in Port

Does anybody ever rent cars when in Port for a day? I 'm heading out with my family of four and I am thinking it might be cheaper than a bunch of cab rides, plus we have a place to lock our stuff up while at the beach.

Are there any places close to the dock in St. Thomas or St. Martin to rent cars?

We have rented a car in St Martin several times. It is very easy to do. Even though we have been to St Thomas many times we have never rented there because they drive on the other side if the road and the roads are narrow and windy. In St Martin we stay away from Phillipsberg and Margot because of the traffic. We have circled the island twice, once in each direction so now we just head north out of the port and drive by Dawn Beach and head to Orient Beach. We have also drove to Grand Case but we always turn around and head back the way we came. If you want to circle the island go through Philipsberg and Margot first so you don't get stuck in traffic on the way back to the ship.

We've rented cars several times on both islands. For St. Thomas, it is important to know where/if you will docking. RCL will normally dock at Havensight (for us it always has.) There is a budget office directly across from the dock and shopping area. Very conveniently located and their prices are quite reasonable. Check either the "Budget" website and look for location code St. Thomas CT3 (that's for the Havensight dock area) or go to the alternate website of budgetstt. You can book on either one.

I have rented a Jeep in St Martin several times. There are a few rental places located right at the end of the pier. They will be calling to you if you get close to them. I rented from http://www.portcars.com each time and have never had a problem. In fact, I will be there on July 10th and already have my Jeep reserved.

It is easy...do the reservation online before your cruise and bring your reservation paperwork with you. Walk to the end of the pier, find their storefront (in with 4 or 5 other rental companies). Sign a couple forms at the doc and take off in the jeep. Then drive around for the day and drop it off around 4/5pm and get back on the ship!

Archived