Do prices come down?

sherizel

I'm not an experienced cruiser and was just wondering if the normal trend is to wait closer to the sail date in hopes of the pricing coming down.

I'm looking at the 2 day cruise to nowhere, either on the Miracle or the Dream. With the Dream being a new ship I expect the price to be high and not come down much but around $450 is a lot I think for a 2 day cruise.

What do you think?

$450 per person for a 2 night to nowhere? Seems high to be, but prices are all based on supply/demand. If the price is at $450, then they must be filling up or else they would drop the price. It all depends how far out the sailing is... you can wait until it gets closer and if they aren't filling up, then the price will go down. But if we all knew when the lowest price would be, then we would all wait to book at that specific moment!

My advice is to just wait until the price equals what you would be willing to spend for a 2 night to nowhere and don't try to predict future price increases/decreases.

Dh and I looked into one of the cruises to nowhere and were shocked at how high they price them. I can't believe people pay that much for them but I guess they do or they wouldn't price them that high. I wouldn't expect to see any big drops unless they have a few empty rooms right before sailing. If you can go last minute it might be worth checking on it then.

I'm not an experienced cruiser and was just wondering if the normal trend is to wait closer to the sail date in hopes of the pricing coming down.

Is it $450 p/p...or $450 for two people? Prices may--or may not--drop as the cruise approaches. In fact, prices may climb. If the price does drop, CCL often--but not always--gives people who booked at the higher price OBC [on board credit] to make up for the difference in price

The price for the inside cabins already came down $80 since they first posted it months ago. Now it goes up and down about $5.

Cruises to nowhere have nothing to do with drydocks. they are to introduce people to cruising, to a new ship, to fill in an odd space. EM

Everyone is always surprised how expensive the cruises to nowhere are. Maybe its because they are quick drinking parties that folks are willing to pay so much. Cant you book a longer cruise?? There will be a lot less drinking onboard and you will get to see some ports.

I thought that the 2 day cruises to nowhere, were to check out the repairs that had just been completed on a ship...:o

Sometimes, but sometimes they are used to fill gaps between charters and regular sailings.

All depends on supply and demand. With all the fare options, especially the Early Saver, the age of the "last minute great deal" may be ending. Carnival seems to be trying to entice passengers to book early to save the money instead of waiting to see if the price drops.

Archived