Wait-Listed for Late Seating

Correct as above, you are not waitlisted for a table, you are waitlisted to see which dining time (main or late) you get assigned. Once assigned, you will then have your same table at the same time each night - like you have seen in past cruises.

I am almost sure we have had a seating time assignment before boarding on CCL and not had to wait until boarding to find out.

Even if you get checked in and find yourself assigned to a seating time not to your preference, go see the Maitre'd in the dining room upon boarding and request a change.

This is all applicable to Traditional Seating. Some lines and ships are offering MyTime or FamilyTime seating options - which differ.

We were wait listed for Late Seating (which we requested), and when we got our Sign and Sail cards they noted that we were placed in early seating. We went straight to the maitre d when we got on board and he switched us late seating.

We booked last week for a cruise leaving on 7/5. We were told we had to be wait-listed for our late seating request. Early seating was wait-list too. How long do you think we will have to wait to be seated for dinner? Just two of us.

Booking last minute is tricky. You may have to make arrangements with the Maitre'd right after you board......

We booked last week for a cruise leaving on 7/5. We were told we had to be wait-listed for our late seating request. Early seating was wait-list too. How long do you think we will have to wait to be seated for dinner? Just two of us.

Carnival confirms 80% of the dining choices at the time of booking. these are guaranteed. The extra 20% is for people who book within 30 days of the cruise. You will receive your seating assignment at check in. If it is unacceptable visit the matre'd in the dining room. He will probably be able to help you.

Carnival confirms 80% of the dining choices at the time of booking. these are guaranteed. The extra 20% is for people who book within 30 days of the cruise. You will receive your seating assignment at check in. If it is unacceptable visit the matre'd in the dining room. He will probably be able to help you.

Please keep in mind that Carnival does not always honor confirmed dining times even when they list them as "confirmed" on your documents. You may still have to fight to get the seating you want.

Please keep in mind that Carnival does not always honor confirmed dining times even when they list them as "confirmed" on your documents. You may still have to fight to get the seating you want.

?? Then what does confirmed mean ??

?? Then what does confirmed mean ??

Read this thread. Some of the folks on here feel that Carnival is only "confirming the request is received."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1010909&highlight=confirmed+dining+time

I disagree with that interpretation as it does not benefit carnival or the passenger to have such a confirmation system in place. My interpretation is just that Carnival does not pay attention to detail when assigning dining times.

I was confirmed for late seating per my documents and was assigned early seating upon check in on the Valor. Other passengers have recently had the same experience.

Just be prepared you may have to push the issue with the Maitre D if it is important to you.

Read this thread. Some of the folks on here feel that Carnival is only "confirming the request is received."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1010909&highlight=confirmed+dining+time

I disagree with that interpretation as it does not benefit carnival or the passenger to have such a confirmation system in place. My interpretation is just that Carnival does not pay attention to detail when assigning dining times.

I was confirmed for late seating per my documents and was assigned early seating upon check in on the Valor. Other passengers have recently had the same experience.

Just be prepared you may have to push the issue with the Maitre D if it is important to you.

Per John Heald and his blog, confirmed means confirmed and that is what you get. As this process is only about 6 to 8 weeks old it still has kinks, but the idea that you are only confirming a request is poppycock!

Per John Heald and his blog, confirmed means confirmed and that is what you get. As this process is only about 6 to 8 weeks old it still has kinks, but the idea that you are only confirming a request is poppycock!

Yes I was the one who wrote John Heald with this question.

Archived