HELP..Holiday Inn FQ or the Hilton on St Charles?

Funseekers

Has anyone stayed at either the Holiday Inn FQ or the Hilton on St Charles? :confused:

I am working on a cruise group next March and due to a convention in town the weekend of the 12th, am having problems finding a hotel. I have spoken to both the Holiday In FQ (off of Canal and Royal) and the Hilton on St Charles and there is very little price difference between the two.

I was curious to know thoughts on which would be better. We will have both adults and children and really wanted to stay in or near the French Quarter.

If you have stayed at either one please let me know your thoughts on safety, cleanliness, location... etc

Thank you!

Has anyone stayed at either the Holiday Inn FQ or the Hilton on St Charles? :confused:

I was curious to know thoughts on which would be better. We will have both adults and children and really wanted to stay in or near the French Quarter.

If you have stayed at either one please let me know your thoughts on safety, cleanliness, location... etc

I haven't stayed at either place, but have had friends who have. HI is IN the French Quarter, so the location is a plus. It's also in what's considered a safe area in the Quarter - and family friendly. Those things are a good, but I've heard the service isn't the greatest and it's an older hotel that's not been exactly well taken care of.

Hilton isn't in the Quarter, but is within walking distance - and on a busy street (so safety is good). Service is good and even though it's an older hotel it's been kept up. You would do a bit more walking here (3-4 blocks each way to-from the Quarter) but it's easy walking in New Orleans.

hummm.. so much to think about! LOL I keep thinking we should do the Holiday Inn, but then I am not seeing very good reviews. :confused:

this is a hotel you can get on hotwire, so betterbidding has reviews and comments about Holiday Inn Iv seen, not the best comments. You might check out that site for comments too.

I've stayed at Holiday Inn French Quarter several times over the last 6 years. NIce hotel & a good location. Rooms have always been clean & comfortable when I have styad there. Indoor pool & onsite parking. Easy access to the FQ, trolley, Harrah's, Aquarium, etc. Walgreens very close for last minute purchases. McDonalds right around the corner on Canal for the kids. Subway next door.

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at the Hilton St Charles Avenue on a post cruise stay back in February. The hotel is older on the exterior but the rooms were very modern and kept up well. The staff was very nice and helpful throughout my stay even though it was very busy with Mardis Gras happening right outside on St Charles.

If any of the group has Gold or Diamond status with Hilton, you get upgraded to the club floor which gives you lounge access. The lounge has evening appetizers and a nice breakfast in the morning.

As others have said the hotel is not in the quarter, but the walk was really short and no problem. The St Charles St trolley travels right in front of the hotel if you want to take it.

Archived