Elation's Schedule....

TortieGal

Just did a search but didn't find a thread on this so I apologize if this ends up a duplicate. I know some folks - myself included - have been wondering about this so I posted the question on John blog. Here is his response:

I also had a question about the Carnival Elation yesterday and the fact that the cruises past April 2010 were not available yet. Here is what our Senior Vice President of Marketing Planning Terry Thornton had to say:

John,

Hope you are doing well. We will be opening the remaining cruises for 2010 on the Elation within the next two weeks. We will feature 3 day, 4 day midweek, 4 day weekend and 5 day cruises. The 4 day weekend and 5 day cruises will include visits to popular Cabo San Lucas.

I know I'm ready for another Cabo trip! :)

I wonder where they will be leaving from.

Bill

I would assume the same port of San Diego. My guess for the reason that Carnival has waited this long to announce the schedule is waiting to see how popular the Cabo cruises are. Now that they probably have a much better idea (based on the bookings fro 2009), adding Cabo back will be a permanent thing.

Just did a search but didn't find a thread on this so I apologize if this ends up a duplicate. I know some folks - myself included - have been wondering about this so I posted the question on John blog. Here is his response:

I also had a question about the Carnival Elation yesterday and the fact that the cruises past April 2010 were not available yet. Here is what our Senior Vice President of Marketing Planning Terry Thornton had to say:

John,

Hope you are doing well. We will be opening the remaining cruises for 2010 on the Elation within the next two weeks. We will feature 3 day, 4 day midweek, 4 day weekend and 5 day cruises. The 4 day weekend and 5 day cruises will include visits to popular Cabo San Lucas.

I just read this on John's blog and rushed over to CC to see if anyone else had posted it yet! Can't wait, can't wait!! :D:):p

I'm hoping it's still San Diego. A 5 day from there with a day at the zoo and a day at Sea World is what I'm looking for.

Bill

I don't see why it wouldn't be San Diego.....I wouldn't think they would sail out of Long Beach with the Paradise doing some of the same itineraries.........

I just read this on John's blog and rushed over to CC to see if anyone else had posted it yet! Can't wait, can't wait!! :D:):p

I ended up asking the question 3 times because I never saw it get posted...hopefully the other 2 attempts don't make it because he'll probably think I'm a stalker. :o;)

I do hope it continues to be San Diego. It's so much easier to get to the port from the airport and as I noted in my question, I would take Cabo over Catalina and Ensenada any day. I hated the feeling of just floating in circles when I did my Paradise sailing.

I also had a question about theCarnival Elation yesterday and the fact that the cruises past April 2010 were not available yet. Here is what our Senior Vice President of Marketing Planning Terry Thornton had to say:

John,

Hi Colleen !! Remember me from the infamous Splendor fiasco ??

Elation will be departing from San Diego. We are booked in April 2010 with 2 full days in Cabo. We used our credit from the Splendor cruise.

We've sailed Elation before, and we have a mini suite so we're good.

Pat

Sounds like they are keeping the same itinerary.........now they just need to add the balcony cabins.....

Yeah I'm right there with you! Maybe the Elation will get them when she goes in again to Dry Dock and gets the Waterworks? I'm sure that with the success of the balconies on the Sensation it would be worth it for Carnival to do that.

Archived