Stockholm Transportation from/to STADSGARDEN Pier

In Stockholm, does anyone know the taxi cab fare from the cruise port to the Intercontinental Grand Hotel? It looks like the HOHO bus/boat stops there and taking that from the dock to the hotel could be a possibility. Thank you.

Please any info about the following tips?

- transportation from the Pier to the Gamla Stan (and viceversa)

- transportation from Gamla Stan to the Vaasa

We have the Stockholm Card.

Thanks

From Stadsgården you can see Gamla Stan ahead as you leave the ship. It would probably take 25-30 minutes to walk there along the quay. But with the Stockholm card there are buses, just walk to the nearest bus stop and ask the driver if the bus will stop at Slussen (the area at the south end of Gamla Stan). I think all buses there will go to Slussen. The name of the stop that is most close to the ship is Londonviadukten, so that is where you want to go when coming back.

In my mind the best way to get from Gamla Stan to Vasa Museum is by ferry from Slussen. But unfortunately the ferry is not included in the Stockholm card, you would have to pay.

There is a bus 76 from Slussen to Djurgårdsbron, from where there is a short walk to the museum. But this bus does not run on Sundays. If it is a Sunday there is a bus 47 from Norrmalmstorg, a square a short walk north from Gamla Stan, that can also take you to Vasa. It runs every day and stops closer to the museum.

Here is a link to a map with the route for bus 76 and for the ferry. http://maps.google.se/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100446628536787947860.000448dadb8bebb56f079&t=h&z=12

It was recommended on another post to take the ho-ho boat/ferry. He said it was just a two minute walk from where the Emerald Princess docked. We plan on seeing the Vasa and Skansen then over to Gamla Stan and the palace.

Does using the ferry for our primary transportation make sense for us? From what I understand we should go to the Vasa first before it gets too crowded.

Appreciate any transportation suggestions.

Nancy

I Think hop on hop off works if you going to Vasa, Skansen and Old town.

From Vasamuseum its about a 10 minutes walk to Skansen. Just think about that you need to spend a couple of hours at Skansen to see it all.

The royal palace is in the old town.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a day pass of one of the HOHO boat companies (name provided later) at the information counter right next to the pier, cost SEK100. We used the ticket for our travel between the pier, Vasa, Old Town and Royal Palace. The boat operates in a clockwise direction at these stops and also at Tivoli and the shopping area. The boarding location is just minutes walk from the cruise ship pier so it is very convenience. A very good alternative apart from land transport.

Please any info about the following tips?

- transportation from the Pier to the Gamla Stan (and viceversa)

- transportation from Gamla Stan to the Vaasa

We have the Stockholm Card.

Thanks

Follow the line towards the ferry. We you get to some steps on the left, go up and you will be at the bus stop. That bus will take you to Slussen. That's next to Gamla Stan. From there you can catch bus 76 and get off just before the bridge to the island and walk across. Either that or you can take the ferry.

Can you tell me about how often the HOHO boat runs? If it goes clockwise, we should perhaps go to Gamla Stan/Old Town then on to Vasa and last back to our ship in order to maximize our time and go in the direction the boat goes? Times are posted at each stop as well?

Thanks!

Can you tell me about how often the HOHO boat runs? If it goes clockwise, we should perhaps go to Gamla Stan/Old Town then on to Vasa and last back to our ship in order to maximize our time and go in the direction the boat goes? Times are posted at each stop as well?

Thanks!

Times:

tidtabell-hoho-09.jpg?epslanguage=sv

I purchased a day pass of one of the HOHO boat companies (name provided later) at the information counter right next to the pier, cost SEK100. We used the ticket for our travel between the pier, Vasa, Old Town and Royal Palace. The boat operates in a clockwise direction at these stops and also at Tivoli and the shopping area. The boarding location is just minutes walk from the cruise ship pier so it is very convenience. A very good alternative apart from land transport.

The HOHO boat company I used was 'Royal Sightseeing' and this is their website:

www.rederimalaren.se

On the day our ship berthed they had a special boat that go directly from the pier to Vasa, and they changed the boat schedule from every hour to 30 minutes. They were the earliest boat that took us to Vasa on that day and the boarding location is very near to the pier.

"It would probably take 25-30 minutes to walk there along the quay."

I read that here on Cruise Critic before we left and hubby and I decided to hoof it. Yes, it is 25-30 minutes to walk there and then another 25-30 minutes to walk back BUT you'll also likely be on your feet all day walking in the Vasa and wherever else you decide to go (we chose the Royal Armoury WOW!). So if I had it to do over again I would either take the HOHO boat or the bus from/to the ship. My feet were tired at the end of the day... that or book a foot massage when you get back to the ship!!

"Also, do they take credit cards for the HoHo boat? "

Can't help with the HOHO boat but we did take a bus from the Vasa to the Royal Armoury and you can use your credit card in the machine at the bus stops to buy your bus ticket.

Does anyone know if there is an ATM in the tourist office at the Stadsgarden pier? Also, do they take credit cards for the HoHo boat?

Not sure about ATM but definitely you can use credit cards to buy HOHO boat ticket at the tourist office.

We Hoho'd all day in Stockholm, bought everything including hoho daypass with a creditcard...never used any cash in Stockholm. By the way, the hoho starts earlier than 10 am if a cruiseship lets people off before 10. We got on a 'Royal Sightseeing' hoho around 9am, got off at Vasa, practically had the place to ourselves. There are other hohos; I didn't pick Royal especially, but was happy with them (the hoho companies compete w/ each other).

Archived