Recent Pearl travelers - Alaska

claudiamcf

Yes, that was the Juneau day. The all aboard time was 9:30 pm, and the two restaurants were only open until 10:30. I guess the special was intended for people who didn't want to stay ashore until the last minute! :D

I wanted to jump in and ask how difficult was it to get reservations? Were the specialty restaurants crowded any more or less on an Alaska cruise?

Thanks in advance,

Patty

I didn't find it hard at all to get reservations. The specialty restaurants did not seem as crowded as they were on my other cruises.

I don't mean to bring up a touchy subject, but I'm wondering about the men's attire in the speciality restaurants. Are nice jeans and a nice shirt OK for men? Or should he wear slacks? I really want to visit a speciality restaurant or two on our cruise, but my husband doesn't want to have to take slacks and the extra pair of shoes it would require. Will he be OK with nice jeans? I know he'll be fine in the main dining rooms, but I'm unclear about the specialty places. Thanks.

Jeans and a shirt are commonplace in the speciality restaurants.

This is straight from the freestyle daily from our Alaska cruise on the Pearl in May...

"Resort casual including jeans is welcome in any of our restaurants, except the Summer Palace our designated "dress up" restaurant. No shorts are permitted in any of our restaurants (except the Garden cafe) after 5pm"

We also wore jeans in the Summer Palace for breakfast or lunch without any issue and most others were doing the same. We never went to Summer Palace for dinner - only Magenta, or speciality restaurants, or the buffett, but we wore jeans to all of these!

On the Pearl last week. Didn't have any difficulty booking for specialities and did not see any 2 for 1 offered for any of them. Then again if it was La Cucina or Mambo's I would have glossed over it as they don't interest me.

Archived