water bottle question..

We just slap a luggage tag on a case. It arrived with the rest of our luggage. We put it in the fridge and had cold bottled water for excursions instead of paying $3.00 a bottle.

I found it somewhere on the RC website. It was with the soda/wine etc packages. They must be selling liquid gold because the prices were extremely high. I've started to always carry an empty water bottle whenenver I travel. I usually just take the top off and put it in my purse so that when I go through security checks, they don't question it. As I remember, the cruise ship didn't make it easy to fill the bottles, so this year I may buy a sports bottle before I go becuase they have a wide mouth that is easier to fill.

Debbie

I'm bringing a funnel.

At a hotel breakfast buffet, I watched a young girl take her poland spring water bottle,unscrew the cap and fill it directly from the lemonade tap at the buffet. The part of the bottle that she had been drinking from was in direct contact with the spout. Ugh!

Have you seen the water package offered on the web site recently? About a month ago, I emailed RCCL asking if they have a water package, and they said no. We would definitley get it if they offer it.

:eek::eek::eek: OMG....If you're willing to pay that for bottled tap water, I've got a deal for ya.....you pay for my cruise fare, and I will gladly buy your water for you!:D:D:D

In all seriousness, these prices are ridiculous.....I guess I don't understand the hype about bottled water. When cruising or visiting foreign destinations, I understand completely drinking bottled water....some places in Mexico, especially, but not Mex City, Coz, Cancun, etc......I've talked with co-workers a million times about this......most of us will drive 5 miles out of our way to buy gas at 3 cents a gallon cheaper and complain that gas costs $3-$4 a gallon (depending where you live), etc....but has anyone really stopped to think about what they pay for bottled water.....if you're buying the 20 oz plastic bottles of Dasani, Aquafina, etc......you're spending over $7.00 per gallon for WATER....many bottled waters are simply bottled TAP WATER....not purified spring water. Heck, I believe that Aquafina, some bottled locally, comes from the Detroit River.........BLECH.....so much for drinking Aquafina water I guess.........

I shot this photo on the Jewel a few months ago. It was a small poster on the Pool Bar.

DSCN8601-1.jpg

Thanks Trainman

I was looking for pricing and could not get from the RCL website as it states that we cannot yet purchase it. We bought the water package (8) in January and could not find the price we paid. Granted it is pricey, we found it to be very convenient.

The offer is,

8 Bottles $28.45

12 Bottles $40.30

16 Bottles $50.55

+ 15% Gratuity.

The picture of the water in the package is

Evian Water. The package must be ordered at least 4

days before sail date and the water will be delivered to your

state room.

Same goes for the Juice package and their prices are,

6 Bottles $20.15

8 Bottles $25.25

12 Bottles 35.55

Picture in the package looks like minute maid juices.

I sail out on Sunday, and I can't order the water package it says "Water Packages are currently not available. Please visit our web site closer to your sail date" It says the same for the juice package.

I have read all the post about bringing your own bottle and filling it or bringing with you. I would like to order it.

Any reason why I can't do it?

We ended up buying 12 bottles of evian 750ml bottles just after we boarded. They delivered it to our room. It was expensive like $40.00, but with 3 of us on our cruise and 3 times getting off the ship for excursions we wanted to take bottled water with us. You can get it in a cup or glass for free around the ship too.

Archived