Quick Passport Question

hellokitty49

The info in the e-ticket packet says to make sure your name is the same on the passport as on the booking. Are we okay if our passports show our middle names but the booking doesn't. Our names are the same otherwise, no nick names used.

Janet

The info in the e-ticket packet says to make sure your name is the same on the passport as on the booking. Are we okay if our passports show our middle names but the booking doesn't. Our names are the same otherwise, no nick names used.

Janet

You may want to have Princess add your middle names. :)

Middle names don't have to be on the booking; the one that nails people is shortened forms (John for Johnathan, for example).

Bon voyage!

Agreed, as long as your real first name (not abbreviated) and last name are on your booking spelled correctly, even though your middle name is on your passport (which I think they all are for those of us that have a middle name), it's no problem at all.

If one uses Princess Air, make sure Princess has your name "exactly" as in your passport to meet the new rules that require the air ticket name to match the passport..

Middle names don't have to be on the booking; the one that nails people is shortened forms (John for Johnathan, for example).

Bon voyage!

This is a new regulation and it's going to take time for complete enforcement as airlines won't change a booked name without a fee. If it's at all possible, make sure the names are exactly the same as on your passport. If it's not possible, you'll be OK but make sure in the future that all air and cruise bookings are made in the exact name on your passport.

This is a bit baffling to me. Case in point: I made a reservation with Southwest airlines a couple of weeks ago. No place to put a middle name, just first and last. So, if they are changing the regs, why aren't these online sales forms including a space for your middle name????????? :confused:

This is a bit baffling to me. Case in point: I made a reservation with Southwest airlines a couple of weeks ago. No place to put a middle name, just first and last. So, if they are changing the regs, why aren't these online sales forms including a space for your middle name????????? :confused:

I completely agree with your bafflement. When I booked online with Delta last month, same thing -- only first and last, no middle -- and this was for an international flight, where you'd think they'd have maybe caught up! It's odd since they have that capability on their own CRS, not to mention the facility to accept middle names in one long name field when you enter your credit card info (my CC has both first and middle name). They better get their act together before -- when's the deadline? 1 September?

I had the same thing happen but when I booked since they didn't have a place for my midddle inital, I just added it to my first name example: Betsy V.

But I have never had a problem with anyone so far if my middle inital was missing :)

... No place to put a middle name, just first and last. So, if they are changing the regs, why aren't these online sales forms including a space for your middle name????????? :confused:

..When I booked online with Delta last month, same thing -- only first and last, no middle -- and this was for an international flight, where you'd think they'd have maybe caught up! ...They better get their act together before -- when's the deadline? 1 September?

I had the same thing happen but when I booked since they didn't have a place for my midddle inital, I just added it to my first name example: Betsy V.

But I have never had a problem with anyone so far if my middle inital was missing :)

This Secure Flight was well-reported both here and in the media, but the part they glossed over was that different airlines are on different schedules and all this will take time. Phase 1 is domestic flights, Phase 2, to start sometime in late 2009 includes international flights. I could not find a 'must be fully operational' date in the regulations or TSA information, but it will be on an individual basis with each airline 30 days after development of their plan with the TSA. (49 CFR 1560.105)

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/secureflight/

Hi- I had this happen to us just last week . I just called Princess. They added my maiden name as I use it. They didn't take my husbands middle name even though it appears on his passport. However, once you have done that if you want to check into your Princess Personalizer make sure that you type in your maiden (or middle) name with your last name as I couldn't get into mine without figuring out the problem!

Archived