Change of itinerary for QV July 7th 2009

Sharrystar

Have just received letter from our cruise club informing us that there is a change of days for Flamm, Stavanger and Bergen. We are also departing at 2.30a.m. from Aalesund on the 15th July. Has anyone been offered onboard credit for these changes?

we've not been notified or offered compo. I did notice the change when I was checking our details.

By cruise club, I assume you mean a town near Chesterfield (Bolsover)? Thats who we've booked through.

Yes, they have offered $5000 each and a free transatlantic. We turned them down cos we are not going to have anyone mess with our itinerary. I have to be in Flaam on Thursday

I don't understand. If they change the itinerary its tough. It always says the order and timings of the ports may be subject to change. Refusing the 5k isnt going to make them change their minds.

do we know why they've changed the itinerary?

Yes, they have offered $5000 each and a free transatlantic. We turned them down cos we are not going to have anyone mess with our itinerary. I have to be in Flaam on Thursday

Was this before or after they offered you the upgrade....;)

Have just had a reply from Cunard re compensation:

"The recent itinerary change given on voyage V910 has been made to enhance

your cruising experience whereby Flaam is now alongside instead of being an

anchor port. I regret therefore, this is not something we would offer a

gesture for."

Too bad if someone really did need to be in Flaam on the original day!

Have just had a reply from Cunard re compensation:

"The recent itinerary change given on voyage V910 has been made to enhance

your cruising experience

Afraid I remain unconvinced that compensation should have been paid in the circumstances. However, don't you just love 'corporate-speak': I'm quite sure that if they shipped you off to Blackpool for a fortnight instead of some wonderfully exotic place, somehow they'd spin it into 'enhancing your cruising experience'.

Mary

And lm sure if you read the fine print of the passage contract, they can change the ports and if required change the ship and still not be required to pay any compensation.

About 20 years ago l was originally booked on QE2 for a Bermuda cruise, then about two month before sailing came a letter advising of a change and instead we would be going upto Canada. They did very kindly offer onboard credit of $300 which l was more than happy with.

Turns out there had been a mishap with booking QE2 into Bermuda and someone had forgot to do it!!

Afraid I remain unconvinced that compensation should have been paid in the circumstances. However, don't you just love 'corporate-speak': I'm quite sure that if they shipped you off to Blackpool for a fortnight instead of some wonderfully exotic place, somehow they'd spin it into 'enhancing your cruising experience'.

Mary

Or somewhere on the Norfolk Coast????????????????? Do you have a problem with the resort?

Like I say I saw the changes on the website and never thought ooo compensation.

canceling a cruise or a significant change then yes. We were contemplating getting the Flamm railway tickets ourselves. Glad we didnt as we'd be stuffed!

It would never have occured to me to ask for compensation as, I agree, that it shouldn't be necessary after reading the small print, but when on P&O Arcadia 2 years ago, the same thing happened (on Med cruise) and we were automatically given onboard credit. After all, "if you don't ask, you don't get" and in this case, I didn't!

It certainly won't spoil my enjoyment of the cruise and am looking forward to Tuesday now.

Archived