BYOB to dinner ???

BeachyLisa

Anyone ever make themselves a drink in their room-wine,mixer,soda,etc and bring it into the dining room to have with their dinner ? Or are they strict with the wine only and you gotta pay them 10 bucks-honestly I hate this cuz I really can open my own wine !!

First, you need to order a drink from the bar and keep the glass. Then you can make your own drink and take it to dinner, and noone will know if you are just coming from the bar...On another cruise line, my friend had her own wine in her room and kept a wine glass from dinner, came into the dining room every night with a full glass of wine.

Anyone ever make themselves a drink in their room-wine,mixer,soda,etc and bring it into the dining room to have with their dinner ? Or are they strict with the wine only and you gotta pay them 10 bucks-honestly I hate this cuz I really can open my own wine !!

Yep. Done it many times.

First, you need to order a drink from the bar and keep the glass. Then you can make your own drink and take it to dinner, and noone will know if you are just coming from the bar...On another cruise line, my friend had her own wine in her room and kept a wine glass from dinner, came into the dining room every night with a full glass of wine.

heyyyyyyyyyyy never thought of that....instead of waiting to order a drink.bring it with you

awwwwwwwwww you guys are the best

This is the best answer.

I'll just add that if you use a DoD souvenir glass, your waiter won't be tempted to remove it when they clear the table. In fact, you could bring this Carnival Cruise Line Souvenir Brandy Glass, and look perfect:

http://www.cruisereadystore.com/product/74787/Carnival-Cruise-Line-Souvenir-Brandy-Glass-Free-Shipping_713145.html

I buy one drink for each type of glassware (and plasticware on lido deck), the first day or two, store them in my nightstand, and prefill in the room for whatever venue I am about to visit for the rest of the cruise :) Much more subtle than a 72oz. cammo bubbakeg! (No offense, bubbakeg fans, I have two of those as well!)

It has been a solid few years since I have cruised but what I have done in the past is walk in with a soda in hand. I did this because the beverage service, especially on the first night, is slow. By the time I was done with the drink I walked in with, I had my first beverage served to me. Seems to work for me...

They don't care if you bring a glass or a drink. For all they know you bought it at the bar before you came in to the dining room.

Well good for you ... but that isn't what the charge is for. Corkage has nothing to do with opening the wine it is for allowing you to bring your own wine.

On the other hand, I bring my own wine all the time and have never been charged corkage.

Or, ask your room steward for wine glasses and use those.;)

And to the OP, Yes done it many times. Usually in the Red Carnival insulated cup.

one night I hurt my foot on a cruise and walked in with a big water glass full of Makers Mark and DW brought a water bottle with crystal light and vodka... Our waiter just laughed at us and asked if she wanted a glass of ice for her "special" drink. Most of the staff are pretty cool and relaxed about people having a good time. I doubt we would have brought the bottle in with us if it was formal night.

I'm against the dishonesty of sneaking booze onto the ship. But that aside, if you want to look like you got your drink at a ship's bar, just stop at any of the bars and ask for the type drink glass you want. Any but the DOD and Funnel and Monkey heads will just be handed to you. Same for wine glasses.

Tip the bartender!!

Also your room steward will get wine glasses for you too. TIP!

Lots of free glasses available at Captain's and Past Guest party, but PG party is usually late in the cruise. We often stock up on drinks at the Captain's party and carry them into the dining room, but you could stash some in your cabin.

I open my wine in the room and take a glass with me to dinner. Have never had a problem. I have also brought in the bottle and have never been charged the corkage fee. I generally will take the bottle back to the room with me. This has never been a problem. The only time they kept the bottle for me was the first cruise and I bought the bottle the first night at dinner they had the bottle waiting each night at my table when I arrived.

We always bring a open bottle of wine into the dining room. When we are seated our waiter brings an ice bucket and two glasses. I have never been charged a corkage fee. I don't do this on the first night, but every night after. I think my waiter knows that a nice tip is coming at the end of the cruise. ;)

Just don't take the wine glasses from the dining room - the waiter will NOT be happy - they are responsible for all the glassware, plates, and silverware at their tables, so if you take any of these items, it leaves them short.

Just don't take the wine glasses from the dining room - the waiter will NOT be happy - they are responsible for all the glassware, plates, and silverware at their tables, so if you take any of these items, it leaves them short.

I don't think this is so...anyone...???

I know the cabin stewards aren't thrilled if you take the glasses from your room without bringing them back. We asked one and she preferred that we bring them back.

I don't think this is so...anyone...???

Yep...Very true...Stemware and silverware are hot commodities...Each wait service station is only alloted so many pieces. So if they come up short, it becomes a real juggling act between tables. Not as easy as just going and getting more from the cabinet etc.

Nope, even an unapologetic smuggler like me has his limits. I smuggle for convenience. I'd never think of mixing a drink to take to dinner or bringing my own wine.

Archived