14 day Alaska cruise

franklin1

There is a thread called "Live from Pacific Princess in Alaska" on this board. It was written by a couple of people on the 5/14/09 sailing. It should give you some ideas.

Please help. Where can I find "Live from Pacific Princess in Alaska. I'm new at this and feel a little dump.

Thanks

Nancy

To help you find this post just go to page 2 and go down until you see pacific Princess. The poster is Where2next.

Marilyn

We took this cruise last summer on the Tahitian. While there are slight differences from year to year, it is basicly the same cruise. Lat year, the Tahitian, this year the Pacific and next yeat the Royal. All three are the small "R" class ships that Princess operates. They hold about 700 passengers, so the don't overwhelm ports the way the bid ships do.

We love the sall ships, you get to know both the passengers and the crew.

Interesting info. We considered booking the small ship 14 day cruise this year, but decided to do a different ship because I was worried that you would feel the movement and thus be seasick more easily on a small ship? What about you that have done it?

Having read everyone's reply, it sound's like we will be booking the Alaskan Connoisseur cruise next year. We were hoping not to spend so much money because we are on a social security income but it seems we are "Late Bloomer Cruisers",

Thanks everyone.

Nancy

Interesting info. We considered booking the small ship 14 day cruise this year, but decided to do a different ship because I was worried that you would feel the movement and thus be seasick more easily on a small ship? What about you that have done it?

We had no problem, and I don't remember any one else being sick.

I just returned last week and started a thread

You can read my extensive report on the ship, along with A LOT of ship pictures.

I also have our port pictures up and the pictures from the photo depts stock CD and links to other passengers photo websites

I also did a write up about shopping and snacking locally.

Just go to this thread for the instructions on accessing it!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1014812

I was on the May 14th trip. We had a marvelous time. One thing to consider though... we had an unusually cold trip (40-50 degrees every day) and the trip that followed us had unusually warm weather (in the 70s frequently). If the possibility of a cold cruise doesn't bother you, go for the May trip.

We had no problems on the Tahitian last summer, and DW is prone to motion sickness. We felt the 14d itinerary was wonderful, and would book either the princess or HAL options again without hesitation.

Archived