Vila_Scuba Diving and/or Rapelling? Help please.

Oca

Hi Everyone,

DH and I are booked on a cruise in October which stops in Vila. While taking a look at the excursions that may be offered on this cruise, we see 2 that 'tickle' us.

We don't know if we are up to doing either of them but at this stage of our lives are getting more daring so maybe. I am curious if anyone has done either one or knows anything about either one so we can get some first hand information.

One of them is the SCUBA experience for those who have never SCUBA dived before. It is guided and you are given instruction beforehand and you are accompanied by a guide in a group no larger than 4.

The other is a trip to the Cascade waterfalls including rappelling down the cliffside. We have never rappelled before either.

Are we crazy to think of doing either of these things at our ages (early 60's) as novices???

Thanks for any help you may be able to give us.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Oca -

I applaud you for your willingness to do daring things!!:) My husband has been both diving as well as rapelling. He and I are both PADI certified divers. Both options would definitely prove to be fun and exciting, however, if you can feel comfortabel and relaxed in the water - scuba diving would be an extremely memorable experience. ;) Being able to relax and see the life around you is phenomenal. Scuba diving is a lot of fun, and actually more mellow than you might think (it's been call the lazy man's sport).

Best of luck and have fun!!:) Amanda

Archived