Do you need advice about Stockholm?

acjb

I could not figure out the price on the ARN to Gamla Stan fare..it was coming out to $3,640 USD!!!!!! I KNOW that can't be right! Thank you! We leave in a week for our trip..also we need it from Firmhaven back to airport also..

Sherry

FYI I heard back from Super Shuttle for our return to ARN from the Cruise Terminal. I received the same 240 SEK quote for the 4 of us as we paid for the inbound from ARN to the Sheraton Stockholm. Note the 4 for 1 special is only through 15 August, 2011. It is a great deal if you have will be traveling to/from Stockholm between now and then!

To reserve a pickup from any of the cruise terminals, email info@supershuttle.se requesting a pickup request from whichever terminal you will be at (Frihamnen 638 in our case) for the return to ARN. Be sure to specify the berth your ship will be in.

Good luck!

Preds,

On the return trip- did you give them a time to be picked up or will they be checking the schedule? I may do the same thing- it is less than the cruise ships transfers and probably easier.

Yes, I will post our experience on my return.

Thanks!

Preds,

On the return trip- did you give them a time to be picked up or will they be checking the schedule? I may do the same thing- it is less than the cruise ships transfers and probably easier.

Yes, I will post our experience on my return.

Thanks!

I gave them the return time for my flight (13:00) and they slotted us as an 11:00 pickup. I thought that was a bit close, thus requested a change to 09:30 and they took care of it.

On our Azamara Journey tix it shows that we dock at Frihamnen 638 however on one blog it shows we are at Vartahamnen! I need to know where we are for both 7/21 when we embark, and on 7/28 when we disembark..any help would be great! We have booked our Super Shuttle from ARN to Hotel Reisen..now to book the return if we can only find out where the ship docks..if we can find where to get on in the first place!! Thanks!!

Sherry

On our Azamara Journey tix it shows that we dock at Frihamnen 638 however on one blog it shows we are at Vartahamnen! I need to know where we are for both 7/21 when we embark, and on 7/28 when we disembark..any help would be great! We have booked our Super Shuttle from ARN to Hotel Reisen..now to book the return if we can only find out where the ship docks..if we can find where to get on in the first place!! Thanks!!

Sherry

According to the link referenced below, the Azamara Journey is docking at Frihamnen 650 on 7/21 and 7/28.

You are scheduled for Frihamnen on that date. See all the cruise ship arrivals here.

Al

Thanks..it is VERY confusing as F650 is not shown on anything FROM Azamara!! The tickets say F638 and the other info says that for THIS departure it is from Vartahamnen!! We will go to Frihamnen 650 and at least be prepared if the Journey is not there where else she might be!!! I just hope all the other travelers get there too!!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Sherry

Thanks..it is VERY confusing as F650 is not shown on anything FROM Azamara!! The tickets say F638 and the other info says that for THIS departure it is from Vartahamnen!! We will go to Frihamnen 650 and at least be prepared if the Journey is not there where else she might be!!! I just hope all the other travelers get there too!!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Sherry

The Journey is a smaller ship (albeit a very nice one!), thus I'm guessing they changed berths as it looks like the larger Jewel of the Seas is scheduled for 638 on 7/21.

Stockholm's official port website also shows the Azamara Journey at 650. See the link below:

Here is the link to the listing on the Stockholm Port's website - just scroll down until you find your ship and date

http://www.stockholmshamnar.se/en/Karta/Vessel-calls/

Edited by Preds

According to the link referenced below, the Azamara Journey is docking at Frihamnen 650 on 7/21 and 7/28.

Just a reminder - all docking information is subject to change for whatever reason. It does not happen often but I'm just letting you know that it can happen without notice. The information I posted on my calender was from the Stockholm port authority, they do the schedule and the berth assignments. I put the calender together before the start of the season back in May.

Hope it works out for you all.

Al

Edited by Al_Frescoe

The Journey is a smaller ship (albeit a very nice one!), thus I'm guessing they changed berths as it looks like the larger Jewel of the Seas is scheduled for 638 on 7/21.

Stockholm's official port website also shows the Azamara Journey at 650. See the link below:

I will be there on 7/21 aboard Jewel of the Seas.

Hi

We will be in Stockholm for a day on 28 July. Do you have any suggestions for activities for half a day or so, as I reckon we could spend the other half day in Gamla Stan. I realise the usual Royal Palace and museums are possible but I think that the kids will need to do something different, which isn't looking at historical beauty. Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks.

Katie

Hi

We will be in Stockholm for a day on 28 July. Do you have any suggestions for activities for half a day or so, as I reckon we could spend the other half day in Gamla Stan. I realise the usual Royal Palace and museums are possible but I think that the kids will need to do something different, which isn't looking at historical beauty. Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks.

Katie

Not long now until we are onboard the Eurodam!!!!! Have you looked at Grona Lund amusement park or Skansen open-air museum?

I am interested in booking supershuttle from ARN to Frihamnen port. I emailed the company, but I haven't heard a reply. How long does it typically take for a email reply? I dont have the address for Frihamnen, so I can't book it directly on the website. Leaving in a couple of weeks. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated :)

I am interested in booking supershuttle from ARN to Frihamnen port. I emailed the company, but I haven't heard a reply. How long does it typically take for a email reply? I dont have the address for Frihamnen, so I can't book it directly on the website. Leaving in a couple of weeks. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

I heard back from them over this past weekend in under 24 hours.

You might want to try emailing them again at info@supershuttle.se, or you could try calling them at 0771-10 10 60.

There website shows the following service hours:

Weekdays 07:00-19:00

Weekends 08:00-17:00

Good luck!

Edited by Preds

I've just whiled away a few hours reading this thread from the beginning. I had already planned our day in Stockholm but I got some useful new information and confirmation of a few of my thoughts.

We will be docking at Frihamnen and catching bus 76 to and from the city as mentioned many times. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children and these will be the only buses we plan to use.

I believe that a strip of 16 adult bus tickets costs 180SEK, whereas the individual tickets (8 adult and 8 child) would cost a total of 196SEK. I know it's not a huge saving but I wondered if we buy the strip of 16 adult bus tickets, can we use them for the children's fares too?

Hoping that a local can help with this question. Thank you in anticipation.

I've just whiled away a few hours reading this thread from the beginning. I had already planned our day in Stockholm but I got some useful new information and confirmation of a few of my thoughts.

We will be docking at Frihamnen and catching bus 76 to and from the city as mentioned many times. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children and these will be the only buses we plan to use.

I believe that a strip of 16 adult bus tickets costs 180SEK, whereas the individual tickets (8 adult and 8 child) would cost a total of 196SEK. I know it's not a huge saving but I wondered if we buy the strip of 16 adult bus tickets, can we use them for the children's fares too?

Hoping that a local can help with this question. Thank you in anticipation.

Unless you buy the strip with the "senior" discount you can use the strip for all in your party. Keep in mind that each trip will take 2 coupons and are valid for 1 hour from time of stamp (I guess you already knew that).

Enjoy,

Al

Unless you buy the strip with the "senior" discount you can use the strip for all in your party. Keep in mind that each trip will take 2 coupons and are valid for 1 hour from time of stamp (I guess you already knew that).

Enjoy,

Al

Thank you Al for your quick response.

I did already know about the number of tickets and the 1 hour time. I have done a lot of research on all our destinations and our public transport options; reading this thread made me realise how many don't.

By the way, I found the SL Journey Planner to be an excellent tool: http://reseplanerare.sl.se/bin/query.exe/en?

We would very much like to walk from Stadsgarden to Ganlan Stan via the scenic route that was mentioned in this forum - Stadsgardsledin to Folkungatan to Erstagatan to Fjällgatan. Could you please provide help on how best to proceed from Fjällgatan to Ganlan Stan? Looking at google maps, we see very intimidating and confusing roundabouts!

Could you also provide a slightly different interesting return route from Ganlan Stan back to the ship? What would you estimate the total walking distance to be? We enjoy walking but probably don't want to walk more than 4 miles!

Thank you!

Thank you Al for your quick response.

I did already know about the number of tickets and the 1 hour time. I have done a lot of research on all our destinations and our public transport options; reading this thread made me realise how many don't.

By the way, I found the SL Journey Planner to be an excellent tool: http://reseplanerare.sl.se/bin/query.exe/en?

Amazing that you read the whole thread .... kudos. :)

You are so right though about research. My wife, for example, loves to do the research on our trips and she does it the hard way, i.e. no forums. For myself, well, I love forums and CC has been invaluable to me over the years. My one tip for new folks that are interested in getting the most info and "bang for their query" is to learn to use the search function of these forums. Once they have done an initial search and found some good info then they could post more specific questions.

I do realize that many folks are just on the "trip of a lifetime" and are not really that forum savvy and will probably move on when it's over. That's fine. A wonderful thing about this type of forum is that there is always someone willing to answer and help out no matter how many times the same question has been asked (and answered). :)

Sorry for the long post. Once again, kudos for reading this entire thread. I was in on it very early and I can't say I have read everything :).

Have a great time in Stockholm, and the rest of your travels.

Al

Edited by Al_Frescoe

Hi, about the museum, I think you mean "Livrustkammaren". You find it is in the basement of the royal palace.

Here is the link to it in english

http://lrk.lsh.se/default.asp?id=3032&refid=0

The hop on hop off boat runs daily until 13 september.

The bus, im not shure but it runs daily until at least 16 august.

Do you know if the "hop on/off" bus runs in May? We will be there in mid-May and I'm researching what we should do.

Thanks.

Patti

We would very much like to walk from Stadsgarden to Ganlan Stan via the scenic route that was mentioned in this forum - Stadsgardsledin to Folkungatan to Erstagatan to Fjällgatan. Could you please provide help on how best to proceed from Fjällgatan to Ganlan Stan? Looking at google maps, we see very intimidating and confusing roundabouts!

Could you also provide a slightly different interesting return route from Ganlan Stan back to the ship? What would you estimate the total walking distance to be? We enjoy walking but probably don't want to walk more than 4 miles!

Thank you!

Hello! Once you are at Stadsgarden you will see how to walk to/from Gamla Stan. Straight ahead. And also from Ersta/Fjällgatan to Gamla Stan. End of Fjällgatan is Katarina Bangata and then you will see how to walk. Just follow the street. Beautiful views from there. Have a nice stay. /chris58

I am looking for a reasonable price hotel near the center/old town of Stockholm for 2 nights in August. I have seen several posts with recommendations, but I am shocked at the rates. Nothing fancy, just clean and not too run down. Any help would be appreciated.

This is a pre-cruise stay. Thanks.

I am looking for a reasonable price hotel near the center/old town of Stockholm for 2 nights in August. I have seen several posts with recommendations, but I am shocked at the rates. Nothing fancy, just clean and not too run down. Any help would be appreciated.

This is a pre-cruise stay. Thanks.

Hi! Check out the sites http://www.booking.com and http://www.hotels.com and tripadvisor. /chris58