Golf in Barbados

cindypam

Has anyone played golf in Barbados? We're on the Golden on Feb. 20-27 and plan to play golf on several of the islands. We've looked at what Princess had to offer and they had two in Barbados. One was $140 and the other $210. I was confused as to which would be better. Would the Sandy Lane (at least that's the one I think it is) for $210 be worth it. Has anyone played either of the courses listed on Princess' site? Are you better off planning the golf outting on your own?

Has anyone played golf in Barbados? We're on the Golden on Feb. 20-27 and plan to play golf on several of the islands. We've looked at what Princess had to offer and they had two in Barbados. One was $140 and the other $210. I was confused as to which would be better. Would the Sandy Lane (at least that's the one I think it is) for $210 be worth it. Has anyone played either of the courses listed on Princess' site? Are you better off planning the golf outting on your own?

Let me preface this with saying that I am not a golfer. I get dragged to all the courses on business, but don’t know a birdie from a bogie.

With that said, I doubt that Princess is offering 18 holes at Sandy lane for US$210, as that is the current tariff at Sandy during the winter. If it is, it probably is the old nine. Doubt it is the 18 hole Country Club Course or the Green Monkey. I think they’d have to add their percentage, yes?

More than likely it is at the Barbados Gold Club which is much less expensive.

Being a non-golfer, I really enjoyed being at the Royal Westmoreland, but it is members/guests only.

I think you’ll always do better doing a non-ship tour and Sandy Lane is perhaps the best choice. If you can arrange it when you get there for yourself, I think you’ll be pleased.

Best wishes for a wonderful time on the island. :)

Thank you for the info. I checked again and it is Golf at Sandy Lane for $205. It is for 18 holes and that is why I was confused. From my readings they have one 9 hole and two 18 hole courses. The one they are referring to was recently refurbished is par 74 and is 6,070 yards. It isn't specific as to which course they are referring to in their shore excursion book, but when I checked out Sandy Lane directly the 18 hole course was $210 greens fees so that confused me even more. Do you have any idea which course they are talking about for $205 for greens fee, cart and transportation?

There are 2 courses offered through Princess. Barbados Golf Club and Sandy Lane. Sandy Lane would be the more expensive of the 2 and if you look at the Sandy Lane Website it actually shows a price of US$210.00 for 18 holes on the Country Club Course. If you are getting transport to and from the ship among other things for that US$210.00 I'd opt for golf at Sandy Lane. (you would also be able to say you've played the same course as Tiger Woods).

Enjoy your cruise and your golf

Thank you for the info. I checked again and it is Golf at Sandy Lane for $205. It is for 18 holes and that is why I was confused. From my readings they have one 9 hole and two 18 hole courses. The one they are referring to was recently refurbished is par 74 and is 6,070 yards. It isn't specific as to which course they are referring to in their shore excursion book, but when I checked out Sandy Lane directly the 18 hole course was $210 greens fees so that confused me even more. Do you have any idea which course they are talking about for $205 for greens fee, cart and transportation?

I think they are offering the par 74.7, 6,070 yard 18 hole Country Club Course.

The other new course is the Green Monkey and I understand it isn't oficially open to guests as yet, only members.

The last course that Sandy has is 'the old nine', and I'm sure that's not it.

If Princess can provide transportation and carts for US$205 when just the green fees are US$210 at Sandy, It sure sounds like a good deal to me.

Perhaps this will scare-up a recent golfer and they can give us the fine points. :)

• 7 months later...

Archived