What is the Funniest thing that happened?

YFancyface

I've told this before, so pardon if you've already seen it; but on the Holiday, the ladies room on the main deck has a thresh-hold a couple of inches high that you have to step OVER when you go thru the door; and I happend to catch it just as a very attractive young lady, all gussied up for formal night, was coming out of the ladies room with a glass of wine in her hand, and she MISSED stepping over the thresh-hold which made her stumble and she threw up her arms to keep her balance, which launched the contents of her wine glass straight up into the air and straight down on top of her head! fancy hair do was now flat as a pancake and wine running down her ample bosom barely contained in her little black dress. even she had to laugh -- frankly, i was howling!!

[quote name='WayTooCool']I've told this before, so pardon if you've already seen it; but on the Holiday, the ladies room on the main deck has a thresh-hold a couple of inches high that you have to step OVER when you go thru the door; and I happend to catch it just as a very attractive young lady, all gussied up for formal night, was coming out of the ladies room with a glass of wine in her hand, and she MISSED stepping over the thresh-hold which made her stumble and she threw up her arms to keep her balance, which launched the contents of her wine glass straight up into the air and straight down on top of her head! fancy hair do was now flat as a pancake and wine running down her ample bosom barely contained in her little black dress. even she had to laugh -- frankly, i was howling!![/quote]

A dozen takes and computer graphics to recreate that one!:D:D

As for me, on the Legend in Roatan this May, after lunch on the Lido deck, DW headed to the spa while SIL and I went back to the cabin to pick up $$ from the safe before going ashore again. I reached in my pocket to pull out my S&S card as we were stepping of the elevator. My driver's license came out too and I dropped them both. S&S card landed over the crack in the elevator door's floor. Driver's license went straight down the elevator shaft!:eek: All the way to A deck!

Because the old gift card we brought wouldn't work, we had used my drivers license to operate the safe. So we couldn't get in the safe to get passports or $$ and couldn't leave the ship. Took about 10 minutes for a Carnival person to come and open the safe. We grabbed my passport and $$ and went out to the pier, shopped for T shirts and went tot he Tiki Hut for a beer.

DW comes back from the spa, not knowing any of this, and some other Carnival person greets her at the cabin door and hands her my drivers license! She looks out the balconey and see the two of us having our beer at the Tiki hut and wonders how the heck I'll get back on the ship so she comes down and trys to leaves the ship in her Carnival robe and to bring me my license. We meet her on the gangway. Then we told her the story. She fled back to the cabin.

Another one from waaaaaaay back in the day. I was traveling on the Ecstasy with 3 friends, all sharing (1) cabin. Crowded! Anyway, after a late-night at Carlos-n-Charlie's in Mexico, we stumble back to the ship, barely. The next morning, we awoke to find one of our friends sitting in his bed, with a square of chocolate melted onto the side of his head.

Apparently, he had gotten in bed ON TOP of the night-time chocolate that was left on his pillow, and slept with it all night.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

CeleBrat

One year my glasses broke on the plane to catch the ship. Luckily I had a back up pair from the dollar store. Kinda ugly horn rimmed things, but at least I could see. On about the 3rd day out, I lost a tooth (plastic) [I]right in the front, on the top.[/I] The remainder of my long anticipated glamorous cruise was not pretty. I knew it would be funny someday, so I just let it be funny at the time.

My DH and I were out on the aft balcony waiting to sail off and were throwing peanuts up to the sea gulls flying around. All was going well when he threw up a peanut and a sea gull came flying in full force and hit the balcony rail. He struck the rail with a thump then landed on a small hangover part of the floor a deck below. So now, there is this dead sea gull just laying there staring up at us. My DH felt horrible, but soon the other guests started with their funny antidotes. [I]"Oh great, we are gonna have to stare at that for 7 days"[/I] .. [I]"Someone quick call 911"[/I], etc. After a few minutes to our amazement the bird perked up .. for only a minute .. until he lifted his head, rolled over and fell in to the ocean never to be seen again. We did feel bad ... really!!!!

[quote name='Megnolia']I really honestly don't mean any offense, and I'm sure your son is a great kid, but I was a little taken aback that this was posted by a 12 year old. I realize this board is publically accessible, but are there a lot of posters who are so young? I know there are many teenagers here, but I am a little uncomfortable with posters who are not yet high school age.[/quote]

I'm not offended and there is no reason for you to feel uncomfortable. My son asked permission as he see's me on and was curious. Being a jokester, this is what he wanted to post. I allowed him to use my name, previewed the question before posting and have read all reply's before him. And quite honestly, he is already over it and and hasn't read anything past page one. BELIEVE ME, with all the things kids face and experience in todays world, this is the [B][I]least [/I][/B]of my worries :D

[quote name='Megnolia']I really honestly don't mean any offense, and I'm sure your son is a great kid, but I was a little taken aback that this was posted by a 12 year old. I realize this board is publically accessible, but are there a lot of posters who are so young? I know there are many teenagers here, but I am a little uncomfortable with posters who are not yet high school age.[/QUOTE]

These are the ones you hope aren't sitting at your dinner table all week !

[quote name='debnrick']My DH and I were out on the aft balcony waiting to sail off and were throwing peanuts up to the sea gulls flying around. All was going well when he threw up a peanut and a sea gull came flying in full force and hit the balcony rail. He struck the rail with a thump then landed on a small hangover part of the floor a deck below. So now, there is this dead sea gull just laying there staring up at us. My DH felt horrible, but soon the other guests started with their funny antidotes. [I]"Oh great, we are gonna have to stare at that for 7 days"[/I] .. [I]"Someone quick call 911"[/I], etc. After a few minutes to our amazement the bird perked up .. for only a minute .. until he lifted his head, rolled over and fell in to the ocean never to be seen again. We did feel bad ... really!!!![/quote]

I had tears in my eyes reading this!!! I would have felt bad too, for a second. We have seagulls AND pigeons here, so sympathy for them is difficult for me.

Archived