Cobh to Blarney Castle Help me get there

We just used Butlers Bus for a tour of Blarney Castle and Cork. I HIGHLY recommend them! Cork and Blarney were one of our favorite stops. I left my camera on the bus and didn't realize it until we sailed. I called them from the ship and they are mailing the camera back without any charge. Their contact e-mail is www.butlers-buses.com. Ian has been very responsive to any questions we had.

Nancy

There will be taxis at the port, or you could get the train from Cobh to Cork & then make your way to Blarney from there. Check train times on http://www.irishrail.ie The bus station in Cork is a short walk away from the train station (known as Cork Kent station) & you need to catch the No. 224 bus to get to Blarney. It goes from Merchants Quay (outside Dunnes stores) & takes about 30 minutes. http://www.buseireann.ie should be able to help you with times/prices etc. The other option is a taxi from Cork station if you don't fancy the bus. Blarney castle costs €10 to get in.

We just used Butlers Bus for a tour of Blarney Castle and Cork. I HIGHLY recommend them! Cork and Blarney were one of our favorite stops. I left my camera on the bus and didn't realize it until we sailed. I called them from the ship and they are mailing the camera back without any charge. Their contact e-mail is www.butlers-buses.com. Ian has been very responsive to any questions we had.

Nancy

I used eCoach, which works in conjunction with Butler's Busses

http://www.ecoach.ie/blarney_bus_tour.php

They were cheap and fantastic. We filled a full motorcoach. But we were the first ones off the ship at the pier. We drove through Cork, then arrived at Blarney Castle just when it opened. We were the first ones there. No line to kiss the Stone at all. When we were finally leaving, that's when the cruise ship tours showed up. Had a great time at Kinsale where we got free time for lunch. Then headed back to Cobh for a stop at the Cathedral

There will be taxis at the port, or you could get the train from Cobh to Cork & then make your way to Blarney from there. Check train times on www.irishrail.ie The bus station in Cork is a short walk away from the train station (known as Cork Kent station) & you need to catch the No. 224 bus to get to Blarney. It goes from Merchants Quay (outside Dunnes stores) & takes about 30 minutes. www.buseireann.ie should be able to help you with times/prices etc. The other option is a taxi from Cork station if you don't fancy the bus. Blarney castle costs €10 to get in.

Thank you so much for all your very useful information, I have printed out all your suggestions for Cork. Now I have a question for you....the six million $$$ one. ;) Generally what type of weather temps should we expect at the beginning of September? I know you don't have a crystal ball, but just need and idea of what clothing we might need. I live in a very hot climate and may need to bring/buy some warmer clothing.

Thank you so much for all your very useful information, I have printed out all your suggestions for Cork. Now I have a question for you....the six million $$$ one. ;) Generally what type of weather temps should we expect at the beginning of September? I know you don't have a crystal ball, but just need and idea of what clothing we might need. I live in a very hot climate and may need to bring/buy some warmer clothing.

I'd bring something warm and waterproof if I were you! Average temp should be around 18 °C

In the unlikely event of a heatwave you may get away with a t-shirt, but I've a feeling that if you are used to a hot climate - you will feel cold even if it's not!

Generally, bank on it being wet at some point! Cork is a real "four seasons in one day" (or one hour ;)) kinda place. Early September can be quite warm, but probably not as hot as you are used to. We would consider 15-20 degrees (c, not f) to be a nice warm day & over 20 degrees? phew! Scorchio!

I'd bring something warm and waterproof if I were you! Average temp should be around 18 °C

In the unlikely event of a heatwave you may get away with a t-shirt, but I've a feeling that if you are used to a hot climate - you will feel cold even if it's not!

Generally, bank on it being wet at some point! Cork is a real "four seasons in one day" (or one hour ;)) kinda place. Early September can be quite warm, but probably not as hot as you are used to. We would consider 15-20 degrees (c, not f) to be a nice warm day & over 20 degrees? phew! Scorchio!

Thanks for the information. I have been duly warned. ;)

Thanks for the information. I have been duly warned. ;)

Think jeans rather than shorts & you will be fine.

Having said all this; my first ever visit to Cork (I'm not a native) was in early September & it was so hot that I had to buy a pair of flip flops & DH a pair of shorts. However they still talk about that day now, so it was definately a freak!

Think jeans rather than shorts & you will be fine.

Having said all this; my first ever visit to Cork (I'm not a native) was in early September & it was so hot that I had to buy a pair of flip flops & DH a pair of shorts. However they still talk about that day now, so it was definately a freak!

Maybe we will get lucky. :)

Archived