Our Scandinavia and Russia Invasion Plan

lizp

I see a couple of problems with Helsinki - I think you'll find that tram drivers don't sell the matkailijalippu tourist ticket anymore. A better bet for you would be catching the number 16 bus from the location circled in the picture below to Senate Square. Bus drivers do continue to sell the tourist pass and Senate Square is just a short walk to the market:

planB.jpg

Edit: http://www.ytv.fi/ENG/transport/tickets_and_fares/buying/

"On buses, trams and commuter trains you can buy single tickets from the driver or conductor. On buses and commuter trains, the drivers and conductors sell also one-day tourist tickets."

Hi, we're also going on the same Celebrity Constellation 14 day Baltic tour......we also happen to be the same age! So would love to see the detailed plan of yours........and if you'd care to share any hints/suggestions from your cruise!

sck237@nyu.edu is the email address. Thanks.

I see a couple of problems with Helsinki - I think you'll find that tram drivers don't sell the matkailijalippu tourist ticket anymore. A better bet for you would be catching the number 16 bus from the location circled in the picture below to Senate Square. Bus drivers do continue to sell the tourist pass and Senate Square is just a short walk to the market:

planB.jpg

Edit: http://www.ytv.fi/ENG/transport/tickets_and_fares/buying/

"On buses, trams and commuter trains you can buy single tickets from the driver or conductor. On buses and commuter trains, the drivers and conductors sell also one-day tourist tickets."

We had no problem buying the day pass ticket from the tram driver. He had a little cash register with a printer and he just printed out tickets for us!

Glad it worked out for you.

I still think the number 16 bus is a better bet for that particular part of the port. But I guess whichever works out timetable-wise for the end user. It's six of one/half-a-dozen of the other as to the distance walked on either end, though the walk from Senate Square to the market has to be (IMHO) nicer than the one to Docksgatan for the tram.

Hi Liz,

What program did you use to create your beautiful invasion plan? I am an organization nut and love how pretty your itinerary was (in addition to its usefulness as a guide).

Thanks,

Kristen

We had no problem buying the day pass ticket from the tram driver. He had a little cash register with a printer and he just printed out tickets for us!

Hey Liz! Welcome back. Hope you had a fabulous trip! I am really looking forward to your review. Also ditto on all the compliments on your planning. Fabulous job and thanks for sharing!

Hi Liz,

All I have to say is WOW!! If you aren't tired of sending out your full plan, could you send one to me at kideri at comcast dot net .

You could put me in a corner for a year and I could never come up with such a plan.

Thanks so much.

Dick

Hi All,

First I want to thank Liz for putting this document together. Can anyboy who already got this document please please send me this file as well. We will be in Jewel cruise leaving Dover August 26th and this planner will really be very helpful!

Thank you in advance! Happy cruising everyone.

Here is my e-mail address alnlyntaylor@rogers.com

Archived