Meals on Spirit

We normally like to eat in the main restaurant (waiter service) for our evening meal.

Do you get much variety of choice on the menu, for starters, soup, main course, deserts, each evening.

Also do you have fall backs, for example on P&O the only other cruise line we have sailed with, if you don't like anything on the main menu, you can always, have melon as a starter, and there is always steak, chicken or salmon available every night as alternatives.

You can also mix and match, and for example have a starter as a main meal.:D

In our experience Thomson has always been very flexible with the menus and if there was nothing you liked they would offer you something else!! They also have a salad course between the soup and main (or they did on our last one a year ago!)

We think the food is better on Thomson than P and O ...certainly no worse!

Hi Beckyfaye

We were on the Spirit last October and evening meals were all in the waiter service restaurant - the food was wonderful and for the 6 of us there was never a night we struggled to find something on the menu.

One evening I asked our waiter Elroy if there would be garlic bread on the menu the following night. When we got to our table the next night there was a big plate of Garlic bread placed beside me specially made. They try to accommodate any requests.

One night I even had 2 starters as I couldn't make my mind up.

Enjoy, the food is great.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from 13 nights on the Spirit and I ate in the Compass Rose restaurant most evenings. There is plenty of choice and as far as I can remember the menu never repeated over the holiday. The roast lamb was the best I have ever tasted.

Usually

3 starters

2 soups

salad

5 or 6 main courses including fish

vegetarian option

pasta option

3 desserts

ice cream

cheese and biscuits

coffee

one man at my table had baked potato with each main course, no problem at all!

Archived