Late night babysitting/"slumber party"....

MamaParrotHead

We're crusing with some kiddos, ages 2-10. I see that Carnival offers the "late night slumber party" for ages 6+, and knowing that they offer the $$ babysitting service after 10...are the groups together later at night? Do they stay in Camp? The thought of my kids doing activities around the ship later in the evening, when adults are out and about and more to be "liquored up" and the bars apt to be more crowded and smokey doesn't really appeal to me. Just curious. Thanks!

No they do not leave the camp rooms after 10pm. Yes, I have seen Camp Carnival move all of the ages into one area. I am betting that it depends on the amount of kids in camp.

The older kids will probably be in another area since they have an actual slumber party with special activities on the one night (it's something like $25 per child for THAT)

But don't worry, the kids won't be going around the ship that late at night.

The after-hours sitting (10:00pm to 3:00am) is all in Camp Carnival for at least the 2-5 and 6-8 groups, the two groups I have experience with.

The 6-8's did have a "field trip" to the disco, which was the highlight of my daughter's week. It was during the regular evening care and open only for Camp Carnival kids. There was a vague "Closed: Private party" sign at the entrance.

My son was 9 , on his late night party ($25?) they went on a trip to the arcade, made pizzas. The youth counselors delivered him to our room at 3:30 AM.

Wow 3:30am?!?! I bet he had fun going home telling his friends he stayed up til that hour at your permission, lol!! Were any kids able to stay awake that long?

I was wondering about these after hours things too. My daughter is 6 and it is a real treat for her to be able to stay up late.

If I let her go and she gets tired and wants to leave, will they contact (I think we got a pager last time, we are Inspiration this time) me? Thanks!

Wow 3:30am?!?! I bet he had fun going home telling his friends he stayed up til that hour at your permission, lol!! Were any kids able to stay awake that long?

He made it. The next day was a sea day so he got to sleep in.

We went to bed before he even came back to the cabin. The counselors asked that the kids have their room jey. They knocked on the cabin door if no one asked they would yell into the door that "your child" was back.

I was wondering about these after hours things too. My daughter is 6 and it is a real treat for her to be able to stay up late.

If I let her go and she gets tired and wants to leave, will they contact (I think we got a pager last time, we are Inspiration this time) me? Thanks!

My DD-7 and DS-9 enjoyed going to the after hours party. They usually stayed until 1am. They got free choice and to make crafts, games, movies and video games. It was the only time they wanted to go to the kids program. The thought it was boring and too babish.

I think it was $6 for 1st and $4 for 2nd per hour.

Archived