Help with Early Saver

BluesCruise

You are right, and I guess that was a little sarcastic? As if there is anything wrong with alittle sarcasm?! :eek: "If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, just pull over to the side of the road":D-one of my favorite sarcastic remarks! saying she just needed someone good to handle it, 'cause some reps dont seem too good.

.... and maybe I need to work on my wording if its coming across as not what I meant.

Thanks again Firefly and Ken for your help, and coaching!

OP here. My sister gave me a good talking to about being "too thrifty". Guilty as charged. I decided to keep my 4F ES. It has a window with an obstructed view, but it's between lifeboats, so it's a better view than most. Although a 1A is ideal for a solo, pricewise, I can afford to see the light, so I will.

Thanks to those who responded. Another poster (urbanhawk) was helped by this thread, so it's all good! :D

I have ES for a cruise in December. I am booked in an 8B. On Tuesday, the price was reduced for that category by $20 pp. I completed the form and have not heard anything. They say response will be within 2 business days so I tried again. Today, the ES is gone.

Will they still honor since I sent it before the ES disappeared?

I think I'm locked into the ES 4F. I could upgrade, but they won't let me downgrade. I'll try to get a different answer, but I won't count on it. I'm hoping a 1A will open up on another date and they will let me change to that one for $50.

You can cancel your ES cabin for the $50 fee. Then apply the rest of your deposit to a new booking that isn't ES. I think this is what everyone is trying to tell you. By canceling you will not be eligible for the ES as it is no longer available. But, if the 1A is cheaper than the ES you are already in, problem solved.

Let us know what you do.

I have ES for a cruise in December. I am booked in an 8B. On Tuesday, the price was reduced for that category by $20 pp. I completed the form and have not heard anything. They say response will be within 2 business days so I tried again. Today, the ES is gone.

Yes, but its always a good idea to take a screen print of the price when you see it and not on the form the date and time when you saw the price to help them out.

CS has been telling people 72 BUSINESS hours on turnaround lately.

They should since you submitted the paperwork while the rate was still available. What I have done is "print screen" showing the reduced rate in Early Saver or whatever category. This way you have proof in case they try to deny it. I don't know that they would deny it. They are pretty good about giving the OBC.

Good luck and let us know!!!!!!

Archived