has any one got any views on the inn at venice beach :) or :mad:

for a three night post cruise

also thought about crown plaza bev hills,and holiday inn

beverly garland. On some of your kind advice no longer

going to the wilshire grand, after all we will not be in the room

or hotel that much

also can you get a cab to take five adults with out luggage

Hello again.

Glad you decided to make a change in your hotel choice.

I highly recommend the Inn at Venice Beach. I live only about 1 mile from this hotel. It is a smaller property with a bed and breakfast atmosphere. There are many good restaurants within a 2 mile radius around Marina Del Rey and also along Washington Blvd. in Venice. The famous Venice boardwalk is about 3 blocks directly west along Washington Blvd. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the last remaining canals that are rimmed with California "cottages and bungalows". There is great antiques and unusual items in quaint shops along Abbott Kinney Blvd. Would have to take a cab or trnsportation though as it would be a long walk.

This Inn would be equivalent to a 3 star rated European hotel.

The Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills is nice but has very little charm.

The Beverly Garland Hotel in North Hollywood is a nice individually decorated hotel but you need transportation to get anywhere from there. (I have a business not far from this hotel and go by it frequently and have even had friends stay here.)

As far as the cab goes, you can get the hotel to call for a van cab. Just make sure they ask for a cab that will hold 5 people.

Steve Hayes

Greetings from Scotland

has any one got any views on the inn at venice beach :) or :mad:

for a three night post cruise

also thought about crown plaza bev hills,and holiday inn

beverly garland. On some of your kind advice no longer

going to the wilshire grand, after all we will not be in the room

or hotel that much

also can you get a cab to take five adults with out luggage

Jean/Steve

thanks for the advice and input,as we will have a 18 year old with us we have gone for the inn at venice,booked already just the transport to sort outI looked up the link that you sent Jean :) thanks

I will have to bring some Haggis for Steves Duckssss No better Not he may end up with another sunken row Boat :eek:

Thank You, but I will pass on the Haggis. That is one dish that I have never acquired a taste for. At the Burns Supper that will be one of the items served and I will probably take one bite. The ducks will eat anything. However, if they ate Haggis they may sink to the bottom. <G>

To be back on topic - the 18 year old is sure to enjoy Venice Beach and I think you will enjoy the local color and atmosphere. It is very different.

Now if you are talking about shortbread that is another story. I get Walker's shortbread from Scotland here in the States. Never been able to make it successfully myself. It seems so simple but it never comes out right for me.

Steve Hayes

Jean/Steve

thanks for the advice and input,as we will have a 18 year old with us we have gone for the inn at venice,booked already just the transport to sort outI looked up the link that you sent Jean :) thanks

I will have to bring some Haggis for Steves Duckssss No better Not he may end up with another sunken row Boat :eek:

Archived