Stained Bathrobe In Cabin

cfc525

While on the Dawn one of the bathrobes hanging in the closet had many stains on it, rather large stains and very visible. Although it looked like it could be coffee, it was a nasty looking brown color. Not a very nice thing to see when you open your closet to hang up your clothes. Something like that should be laundered after each cruise. After all, people are wearing them and I saw plenty of people wearing them at the pool (sweaty!) Makes me think these are not replaced every time. :eek:

Did anyone else return to their cabin end of the week on the Dawn to Bermuda 6/14-6/21 on the 8th and 9th deck late night to find no water? We came back to our cabin to call it a night to find no running water, at the sink, shower or toilet. Called reception area to notify them and we were told that both decks 8 & 9 had their water turned off due to an emergency and not sure when it would be back on. So back out to another deck to find a public restroom to use before retiring. Thankfully, it was back on the next morning.

If you find what looks to be a dirty one, just ask for another. Maybe the steward didn't realize it was dirty if it was hung up. Last person should have put it on the floor along with the soiled towels.

Never use the bathrobes on the ship, not even if it's been nicely folded and smells clean. My own takes up VERY little space.;)

If you find what looks to be a dirty one, just ask for another. Maybe the steward didn't realize it was dirty if it was hung up. Last person should have put it on the floor along with the soiled towels.

Never use the bathrobes on the ship, not even if it's been nicely folded and smells clean. My own takes up VERY little space.;)

Yeah, but you would think the cabin steward would at least check.

I had my own too, it's just the idea of seeing that in your closet.

While on the Dawn one of the bathrobes hanging in the closet had many stains on it, rather large stains and very visible. Although it looked like it could be coffee, it was a nasty looking brown color. Not a very nice thing to see when you open your closet to hang up your clothes. Something like that should be laundered after each cruise. After all, people are wearing them and I saw plenty of people wearing them at the pool (sweaty!) Makes me think these are not replaced every time. :eek:

Did anyone else return to their cabin end of the week on the Dawn to Bermuda 6/14-6/21 on the 8th and 9th deck late night to find no water? We came back to our cabin to call it a night to find no running water, at the sink, shower or toilet. Called reception area to notify them and we were told that both decks 8 & 9 had their water turned off due to an emergency and not sure when it would be back on. So back out to another deck to find a public restroom to use before retiring. Thankfully, it was back on the next morning.

So... How was the rest of your cruise?

Or perhaps it was a stain that didn't come out? Coffee stains are notoriously hard to remove, even with bleach. Was the bathrobe otherwise clean?

I never use the ship robes anyway, so probably wouldn't have noticed.

So... How was the rest of your cruise?

The rest of the cruise was very nice, but since you ask and we can compare, we are not big fans of freestyle cruising. We can see the difference in the food and the service. However in the $ restaurants the food was great and so was the service. The entertainment was good but not top shelf. Bermuda is always beautiful no matter what. And please let it be known that we cruised with NCL before and were very happy.

I find the robes a bit bulky and hard to move around in. I guess they would be nice on a cold day but I don't have time to lounge around in a robe anyway. I am up and out!:)

I would have just called for a new one. I am sure it was just a minor oversite.

Or perhaps it was a stain that didn't come out? Coffee stains are notoriously hard to remove, even with bleach. Was the bathrobe otherwise clean?

I never use the ship robes anyway, so probably wouldn't have noticed.

I didn't pay any attention to the rest of the robe, I wasn't planning on wearing it anyway as I always have packed a lightweight one of my own. It's just that you couldn't miss it when opening the closet door.

yes, they should notice the robe.

But in a partial defense, they have to turn 1000 cabins around in a few hours. New linens in EVERY cabin, clean, etc and some stuff may just get overlooked.

we dont use them either, or rarely. I think this is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Just ask to have the stained ones removed.

Nita

And please let it be known that we cruised with NCL before and were very happy.

OKAY.... but I think you just did, but if you want, I'll let it be known too.

I never use their robes either as they are too small for me. Doug does on occasion use them however. Personally I like a soft comfy robe which I do not find theirs to be. I have to say I agree with the OP that I would be grossed out myself to open the closet door and find that.

Archived