RCCL Child Under 2 My Recent Experience

rolloman

To the OP I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the babysitting. We used the babysitting on Voyager in March of 2008 with my then 2 y/o son. We were only planning on using it one night to go to Portofinos but the girl who showed up was so good we booked her for a 2nd night. My son who is normally very shy around new people took to her immediately and she even brought a duffle bag full of toys. My son didn't even care that we were leaving him. I do agree it is hit or miss which is why we only planned on using the sitter once but we were very happy with it.

To the OP I am sorry you had such a bad experience with the babysitting. We used the babysitting on Voyager in March of 2008 with my then 2 y/o son. We were only planning on using it one night to go to Portofinos but the girl who showed up was so good we booked her for a 2nd night. My son who is normally very shy around new people took to her immediately and she even brought a duffle bag full of toys. My son didn't even care that we were leaving him. I do agree it is hit or miss which is why we only planned on using the sitter once but we were very happy with it.

Great to hear. I read so many reports just like yours, so I was actually shocked, sad my first experience was less than stellar. Oh well, I will look forward to Oasis with the full nursery...here is to fingers crossed that will turn out to be as good as advertised!!

I was not clear. The point is that providing a room with toys is good but only 10% as useful as the same room with couselors who will take care of the kid and let you get some alone time.

Other cruise lines allow you to leave kids under 3 in their toddler programs. They give you a beeper in case they need to reach you, e.g. to change the diaper. Still not perfect but much better than having to stay with the kid.

The previous poster said "be the kid" not "be with the kid".

I also found the aquatots program didn't really provide value to us either. I could have read books/sang songs to my child or played with him in a lounge myself. IMO, having a child be able to play with toys for 40 minutes and then telling them that they can't play with the toys anymore and have to leave, is not so great of a feature.

I didn't misread. I noticed that it said "be the kid," but I interpreted (correctly, it turns out) that it was meant to read "be with the kid."

beachchick

Archived