anyone on the Imagination lately?

ronkay

our first two cruises were on the imagiantion 8 or 9 years ago, we have since cruised on the freedom, valor and spendor a few times. We are booking a 4 day on the imagination September 7th for a quick getaway vacation. we fully enjoyed all of our cruises and are looking forward to the old ship again. but I would like some comments from others that have been on her since the rehab? The adult serenity area looks nice and I was wondering if the cigar bar/lounge is still in the back just above the dinning room.

our first two cruises were on the imagiantion 8 or 9 years ago, we have since cruised on the freedom, valor and spendor a few times. We are booking a 4 day on the imagination September 7th for a quick getaway vacation. we fully enjoyed all of our cruises and are looking forward to the old ship again. but I would like some comments from others that have been on her since the rehab? The adult serenity area looks nice and I was wondering if the cigar bar/lounge is still in the back just above the dinning room.

We were on her long ago as you were, and just went on her again in April. Loved the Serenity area. She is a a lovely old gal. Enjoyed it!

I just came off of her on Fri 7/3. We were also on it 2 years ago prior to dry dock, and I have to say they have done a great job. The serenity area is a nice retreat to get away from all the hussle and bussle on the lido deck. The kids/teenagers loved the new water slides.

And yes the cigar bar is still in the back near the dining room.

We also did the 4 day and find the itinerary a little weird at first, but it worked out great, getting up early one day for key west and being able to take your time getting moving the next day for Cozumel.

My DH and DS did the waverunner tour in Key West 1 1/2 hrs for 125.00 to go around the whole island and they said it was one of the best excursions they have done in a while. In Cozumel we just hung around Paridise Beach and the kids loved it again.

Have a great time on it.

We sailed on the Imagination a few weeks ago and had a wonderful expierience--probably one of our better Carnival cruises.

I found the service to be pretty darn good everywhere from embarkation to the dining room, the bars, etc.

And we enjoyed the new additions like the Serenity area and the water slides. That waterworks park turned my husband and myself into a pair of 5-year olds ;)

She's in great shape! Have sailed her 5 times since 2001 and you can definitely tell a difference after she went through the dry dock. Hope you enjoy her just as much!

thanks again for the responses, just ordered a bottle of Absolute for the room and am ready for my first Carnival Burger in 9 months. Oh and I am sure the DW and I will be playing on the water works slides.

We just got back from a B2B (one leg was with CC member cespo) and had a great time. Miami isn't my favorite port but the new facilities help a lot and the Imagination is a great ship, we had a blast!

We did the trolley tour in Key West and also went to Paradise Beach where we met Paradise Tom for the first time. When we went on the Sensation (same class ship as Imagination) back in December I was worried how it would be after being on larger ships but we loved it and the Imagination is very nice since her rehab.

hey another question for you recent Imagination crusiers? during the rehab, did they add the deli? or any other food options in the back or still just the normal buffet and Pizza? not that I am satified with that for lunch and snacks but thought I would ask?

Was on Imagination, June 2009 - there was a deli station at the aft end of the indoor buffet area - great hot corned beef sandwiches - also made grilled cheese sandwich to order for my son. There was also a stir fry station in the pool area just forward of the entrance to the indoor buffet - choose anything you like from the available ingredients and they wok it fresh on the spot - had shrimp with beansprouts - awesome !! Length of lines varied from one extreme to the other - sometimes REALLY long, other times, none at all. All in all, ship in great shape since the refurb - especially the cabins.

hey thanks fro the prompt response. I am looking foward to it, if anyone is interested in a good cheap cruise. this September 7th cruise on the imagintaion, has ocean view rooms for $209, past guest, right now. they are cheaper then the insides for some reason. total $521 with all taxes and port charges for two.

Archived