dublin ship terminal to hoho bus

would someonewho has been in dublin please tell me the best way for a party of six to get from the ship to the hoho office. we will be on the crown princess. thanks in advance.

ray

Use the shuttle which is provided either by the ship or the city and will leave you off near Trinity College. If you have e-tickets for the HOHO, you don't need to go to the HOHO office. You can get on the HOHO at the nearest stop to where the shuttle leaves you off.

If there is a taxi available for 6 passengers, it would probably be cheaper and faster than paying $5 pp each way for the shuttle.Some taxi's won't take more than 5 people. On the other hand, depending on the place they dock, there might not be too many taxi's. The place we last docked in Dublin seemed a fair distance from the city, and was where all the containers were kept for the freighters. However we docked late in the day due to weather and tides so maybe they put us in a different docking area than the usual one, that I don't know. Sorry if I ramble, pj

that is exactly the info i needed. i did get e tickets which said go to the office. i was wondering if we could eachange them for tickets at any stop. thanks again.

Our tickets said to go to the office, also, and we were just getting our bearings to head that way when we saw the HOHO at a stop. My husband said "Lets go see if we can get on." So we went over and asked if he was the HOHO for that ticket, he said he was and to get on. Saved us a lot of walking and time. Have a great trip.

that is exactly the info i needed. i did get e tickets which said go to the office. i was wondering if we could eachange them for tickets at any stop. thanks again.

when I was in Dublin last year, my ticket said the same thing. We took the ship shuttle for $5 pp, one way and were dropped off right near Trinity College. Right across the street was a HOHO stop. There was a rep at the stop, we showed him our eticket and he said we didn't need to go to the office, we could just wait there for the next bus (which was less than 5 minutes). We got on the bus, gave the driver our eticket and he gave us the actual bus tickets. We were on our way!

Could you please tell me where you purchased your eticket for the Dublin HOHO bus?

Thanks,

http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/cityTour.aspx

that is the company I used when I was there last year.

however, I think there are no less than 3 tour companies operating HOHO buses in Dublin, including Gray Line Tours. they all have very comparable prices as well and they also all have pretty much the same stops

You have to take note of where they drop you off (right by Trinity college). That is exactly where they will pick you up to take you back to the ship. It's not an obvious place. As in, its off a side street on the side of Trinity College.

The shuttle buses run constantly. If you try and go back during the day, then the shuttles will be waiting for you, however, they may wait to fill up.

I went back at the very end of the day when there were 4-5 shuttles waiting to take passengers back

Archived