Question on booking through HAL, then switching to TA

Chelly

I read on these boards that many regular HAL cruisers often book directly through HAL, then when final payment is due, switch the booking over to a TA. I am wondering why do you not keep the booking with HAL? As always....Thanks for helping!! C.

I transferred a booking from HAL to a T/A only once, and now I book with that same T/A because her prices/deals have been better for me than going directly with HAL. Also, her service is very good, as is HAL's ... so I haven't sacrificed professionalism for price.

The time I transferred, I noticed a price drop of some $400/person thru a nearby T/A and HAL would not match her lower price. However, the HAL rep was kind enough to tell me what I needed to do to transfer the booking.

I read on these boards that many regular HAL cruisers often book directly through HAL, then when final payment is due, switch the booking over to a TA. I am wondering why do you not keep the booking with HAL? As always....Thanks for helping!! C.

Hi Chelly,

The reason I have (but like above post, have a good TA now) is to save money either through OBC, price, or other means. I thought at first the HAL rep would loose on their comission, but I found out that is not true.

Have a great cruise!

John

Just did it yesterday...I saw a cruise I wanted and booked it thru HAL. I then gave the booking to my regular TA. She wasn't available when I booked with HAL. When she returned I then transfered the booking to her.. She has been my TA for over ten years and has been wonderful. The transfer went very smoothly. Now I deal with her and not HAL.

I have thought about transferring our sailing to an online TA who offers some good deals for our upcoming cruise but have no idea how well it works out. We have also purchased HAL insurance so it's not just the cruise fare that needs to be transferred, right :confused: How do I do it?

Archived