Price drop for Mariner Nov29th 2009

I just noticed a decent price drop for Mariner on Nov29th. It is about $200 pp - for category E1. We have 7 people going. So if you are booked check it out!

Also, I haven't had to have my prices adjusted before so I have a few questions. I called and left a message for my agent immediately, and emailed him. This was about an hour ago. I haven't heard from him yet, I'm trying to be patient. I am worried that the price will go up/ our type of cabin sell out. ( we have a connecting cabin).

Would it do any good to contact RCI? Would you contact a main person at the agency? Or do I need to have my agent do it? It is a big online type agency.

I have looked into just rebooking as well. I would cancel the existing one, and rebook? The quotes I get often say "for new bookings only". I am confused to what constitutes a new booking ( generally). Would my case be a new booking? Technically it is a new booking - it is not the acutal first booking. Is this what they mean, or do they mean no re-booking with someone else for the same date/itineray/people.

Thank so much for any input!

You must work thru' your TA who "owns" your booking. Be aware that some TA's will not honor price drops or may charge a fee to do so. I would call the agency and ask about this, and then ask again to speak with your TA, or with someone at the agency who can take care of this price drop if your TA is not available. "For new bookings only" is usually only pertaining to the Tues. price specials. And RCI will not allow cancelling and rebooking for a new booking only special.

Thanks for your reply - I just heard back from my agent and he has taken care of the price drop, it was $196 pp! ( 7th person not included) We lose some of our OBC, but we came out at abput $930 less for the total overall booking. Yeah!

I got some quotes that were a little less when I was looking around, but definately not worth trying to cancel and rebook, and loss of our chosen cabins.

Archived