Accruing Captain's Club points

jerseygirl3

Maybe someone can help me figure out our points. This is how I've figured it out:

Infinity 7 night CC cabin = 2 points

Century 5 night Sky Suite = 2 points

Constellation 10 nights 2C balcony cabin = 1 point

Constellation 12 nights CC cabin = 3 points

If my calculations are correct, we should have 8 points. Celebrity has us down for 7. Am I figuring something out incorrectly?

Maybe someone can help me figure out our points. This is how I've figured it out:

Infinity 7 night CC cabin = 2 points

Century 5 night Sky Suite = 2 points

Constellation 10 nights 2C balcony cabin = 1 point

Constellation 12 nights CC cabin = 3 points

If my calculations are correct, we should have 8 points. Celebrity has us down for 7. Am I figuring something out incorrectly?

The date sailed might be a factor. If all of these were recent then your count should be correct. I know there was a time when Celebrity added the extra point incentive and earlier sailings were not counted as 2 pts.

You should call them and ask which sailing is not correct based on your tally.

Do you get credit for your first cruise? We joined CC as soon as we could after our first =X= cruise. I have no idea whether we got points for that one or not. I know I could phone CC for the info, but this is so much easier than fighting a phone menu. Thanks!

Betsy

Any sailings prior to Jan 1, 2004 would not qualify for the extra cruise credit

Astrid

Our first Celebrity cruise wasn't until 2006, so I guess my calculations are correct. I'll call Captain's Club and see what's up.

BTW, do you become Elite WITH your 10th point accrued, or AFTER you've accrued 10 points (i.e., starts with 11 points)? I know on Carnival, you get Platinum Benefits on the very cruise that you hit 10 points.

Hi Joann

Still haven't had the chance to cruise together yet:(

I understand that you become Elite AFTER you complete your 10th cruise. At least that's the way it happened with us.

I'm happy to see that they've finally decided to recognize Elite and above with a few more "thank you" incentives. We'll have to wait and see what they "roll out" over the next months but we're certainly looking forward to trying out some of them on our next cruise in March on Mercury.

Hope all's well at the shore.

Pat

Hi Joann

Still haven't had the chance to cruise together yet:(

I understand that you become Elite AFTER you complete your 10th cruise. At least that's the way it happened with us.

I'm happy to see that they've finally decided to recognize Elite and above with a few more "thank you" incentives. We'll have to wait and see what they "roll out" over the next months but we're certainly looking forward to trying out some of them on our next cruise in March on Mercury.

Hope all's well at the shore.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, no cruises for us in 2009, as our youngest son is getting married in September and we've offered to help pay for the wedding.

We're well booked in 2010...HAL Westerdam in January, Oceania Regatta Transatlantic in March, and RCI Oasis in Oct. Maybe we'll be able to sneak in a Celebrity cruise somewhere in between!

Jo-Ann

Archived