Boss Underwater Adventure

BOSS Underwater Adventure - STB8

We were wondering if this shore excursion is worth the price? Its $115.00 on RCL Freedom.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

I did it back when it was called the BOB and really enjoyed it. You will only get part of the time with the scooter and the rest is just regular snorkeling. Whether it's worth the price depends on your idea of $115.

My DH did it a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, not a whole lot of time on the scooter but he definately had a blast. I was a bit afeared......chicken that I am, love the water, love to swim but really hate puttin my head under water otherwise I would have done it too.

Lynda

It is one of my all time favorites....in fact, did it twice. I thought it was worth every cent.

Me too, back when it was called the BOB. You get about 20 minutes on the scooter but it is a nice sail and the snorkling site is (usually) very calm (Buck Island).

We did it & we loved it! :D

I forgot to mention.....take an underwater camera and they will make pictures for you. The schools of fishes are amazing. Also, take some cash for tips for the crew...they are very accommodating.

...not very good pictures, but they are pictures! ;)

BOBsmall.jpg.8648ea6f2064bedf095f5429e2a86cbd.jpg

Did you have any problems with ear pressure? I'd like to try it, but I have a lot of problems with my ears.

No not at all. You only get you head wet when you are getting in/on the scooter and it does not go very deep at all...only a couple of feet.

I also did this with Stuarts Cove in Nassau and I loved it. Was scared at first but once you are in the water you forget and enjoy. It was very well worth the money. They go through a training session before and teach you about pressure. I felt very safe and truly enjoyed it. Awesome experience. Go for it.

Forgot to mention, yes, you can wear glasses. In fact, they let us get on the scooter before they lowered it and in some cases you dont even get your hair wet. You may get little splashes of water near/on your face as the air for the tank does that but it wont be anything that bothers you.

Archived