RCCL: Jewel of the Seas

First off these boards have been great. Thank you.....

Ok We have been on RCCL Voyager (2), Navigator (2), Freedom (2), Liberty (2)

Four of these cruises we had aft cabins. We liked the aft cabins the very best.

Now on the Jewel we have cabin 1104 for the 11 night Ultimate Caribbean/Panama Cruise March, 2010.

We see that the windjammer has a balcony on the Jewel which they don't on the big ships. My question is this.

How bad if at all will noise be on deck 10 cabin 1104 on the Jewel from the above windjammer balcony?

We don't mind a little noise but we are wondering if it is very loud.

We just love the aft cabins. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.....

We’ve sailed in 1104 on the Jewel and LOVED it. The only time we had any Windjammer noise issue was going through the Canal, we could not hear the commentary because folks above were chit-chatting. (The commentary was not piped in the cabin) . I did look up and ask hem to speak more quietly. After that- it was fine. We NEVER heard any other noise.

We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a small cocktail table and still had plenty of balcony space. We went to the back of the windjammer to see just how far “in” folks above could see in. At least 1/2 of the large balcony is VERY private.

It was a perfect cabin for a slightly longer sailing. The D cabin size is adequate for the 2 of us – but we really enjoyed the larger balcony space. We’ve sailed aft balconies on many ships and like the aft Radiance class the best.

We had 1104 booked for the Radiance out of Tampa but then changed to 9256 after reading many reviews about that balcony. I hope I did not nuke a mistake in moving from 1104 to 9256.

Enjoy

M

We’ve sailed in 1104 on the Jewel and LOVED it. The only time we had any Windjammer noise issue was going through the Canal, we could not hear the commentary because folks above were chit-chatting. (The commentary was not piped in the cabin) . I did look up and ask hem to speak more quietly. After that- it was fine. We NEVER heard any other noise.

We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a small cocktail table and still had plenty of balcony space. We went to the back of the windjammer to see just how far “in” folks above could see in. At least 1/2 of the large balcony is VERY private.

It was a perfect cabin for a slightly longer sailing. The D cabin size is adequate for the 2 of us – but we really enjoyed the larger balcony space. We’ve sailed aft balconies on many ships and like the aft Radiance class the best.

We had 1104 booked for the Radiance out of Tampa but then changed to 9256 after reading many reviews about that balcony. I hope I did not nuke a mistake in moving from 1104 to 9256.

Enjoy

M

Next time turn on the TV with the commentary on it (ships channel) open your door and you can hear it perfectly.

We had 1600 (corner aft GS on deck 10) on Serenade (Jewel's sister) to Alaska in May. The weather was abnormally warm for Alaska, so not only did we have our balcony door open, the outdoor section of the Windjammer above us was actually in use.

We did hear chairs scraping as people moved them in and out (even when our door was closed). We did hear people talking when our door was open, and on glacier day we actually had a little wastepaper (empty sugar packets) drifting down onto our balcony.

The balcony was huge - 2 chairs, 2 lounges, a small table, and still enough room to move around easily.

I'd happily do another aft balcony but might want to go down one deck (and I doubt I'll splurge on a GS again.... unless I hit the Powerball... :D )

Really?- THANKS !

M

Yep, we turned it up loud and could hear it on the balcony, we had an aft one so had room service deliver breakfast and had the most amazing breakfast watching the lock doors close behind us. Very cool!!!

Archived