My Alaskan Cruise Videos

VideoCruiser08

Hello Folks. I'm new to the forum so I thought I would start by sharing some of my cruise experience. I had never been cruising before until I undertook this trip in Alaska last year. I came away after 7 days wishing it was much longer, if only work would give me the time :)

The best way I find to tell a story is to show people, so here are some videos from my cruise for your enjoyment.

- Alaska Inside Passage

- Life on board a cruise ship

- College Fjord and Glacier Bay

I have a number of other videos from the land tour part of my trip also available at http://vimeo.com/channels/vk5gr

We went with "Holland America Line" on the ms Zaandam.

I hope people enjoy watching them as much as I did making them!

I'm glad people have found the videos interesting. It does take a LOT of time putting them together and the feedback makes it worth it. The bulk of the 40 minutes worth of the Alaskan videos were edited down from 7 hours of tape and took nearly 150hrs in post production. It is a hobby that gobbles a lot of free time :-)

P.S. The Christmas Lights are what we call a Value Added Extra. Glad you liked them! I have been doing it for about 3 years but they didnt get synced to music until 2008.

• 5 months later...

gee Grant, if all you charge is "feedback" we are onto a winner.

We too are looking at a May 2010 cruise to Alaska. However I keep finding other interesting cruises that distract me!

Grant gotta admit, the narration had me a little dubious at first, but do agree with other posters, really loved and appreciated your efforts in filming and narration. (hugs) to your wife for being a good sport too :)

great films, great hobby, please keep it up :)

Archived