Conquest Cruise -- 6/28 to 7/5/09

happybooker1

:)Great review! Thanks for taking the time to post a detailed review. We have done this route twice & will be the Conquest in January.

Curious to see what Mach has to say about the noise. We will be in 2220.

Although we have had no problems with certified bc in past, after reading the other thread the last few days, we applied for our passports yesterday.

Glad you had a great time. Happy Cruising!!!

MicksMom

Thanks for such a detailed review and the great picture, there will be on 7/19 of us doing this same itinerary and we have 9 kids under 13 that will be joining us, they were so excited and anxious to be onboard when I shared your reviw with them.

The 'depth charges' were gone after some point but it was at LEAST 24 hours later. They continued throughout the day Tuesday and Tuesday night and I believe by Wednesday they were gone. Never to return, not even coming back to Galveston. The constant weather reports we got on the TV was calm seas swells 1.5-3', so I don't think it was the waves. It was just really weird. Sometimes it was loud enough to rattle the cabin door!

I should've asked what it was from someone I guess.

I don't think I would have snorkeled @ Paradise Beach. Too much seaweed and sand stirred up. I didn't go all the way out to the floating mountain so I can't say how clear it was there, although I could SEE it WAS clearer blue. I just really prefer Chakanuub as there's plenty to see right near the beach.

Didn't go anywhere in GC but out to the boats and then to Margaritaville. So I didn't hear of any free beach snorkeling. Sorry.

Don't know about Capt. Marvin -- have you checked the website? I certainly enjoyed the trip we took with StingRay sailing on the catamaran though!

Zip Line weight: The teenage girl was 100# that couldn't make all the zips either. I saw another slim girl riding with her boyfriend/husband. The position they had to get in had us ALL laughing & making jokes about joining the 'zip line club' (wink, wink). I don't know about 120# -- sorry I can't be more help.

The 'depth charges' were gone after some point but it was at LEAST 24 hours later. They continued throughout the day Tuesday and Tuesday night and I believe by Wednesday they were gone. Never to return, not even coming back to Galveston. The constant weather reports we got on the TV was calm seas swells 1.5-3', so I don't think it was the waves. It was just really weird. Sometimes it was loud enough to rattle the cabin door!

I should've asked what it was from someone I guess.

I don't think I would have snorkeled @ Paradise Beach. Too much seaweed and sand stirred up. I didn't go all the way out to the floating mountain so I can't say how clear it was there, although I could SEE it WAS clearer blue. I just really prefer Chakanuub as there's plenty to see right near the beach.

Didn't go anywhere in GC but out to the boats and then to Margaritaville. So I didn't hear of any free beach snorkeling. Sorry.

Don't know about Capt. Marvin -- have you checked the website? I certainly enjoyed the trip we took with StingRay sailing on the catamaran though!

Zip Line weight: The teenage girl was 100# that couldn't make all the zips either. I saw another slim girl riding with her boyfriend/husband. The position they had to get in had us ALL laughing & making jokes about joining the 'zip line club' (wink, wink). I don't know about 120# -- sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks for the reply.

Robb

Great review, thanks so much for sharing! We'll be on the Conquest on August 2nd and can't wait!

Did you do any of the "deck team" events? What about the Carnival Legends show?

I'm more of a 'read on the lounge chairs' kind of person. And the Legends show didn't start until 10:45 on the last night, which meant I'd be running on 6 hours of sleep or less. And THAT is not a pretty sight.....

Great review, thanks so much for sharing! We'll be on the Conquest on August 2nd and can't wait!

Did you do any of the "deck team" events? What about the Carnival Legends show?

Nice review!

This was as close to a perfect trip as we have ever sailed. We had a cabin on 10, first balcony on the port side. Our daughter and her guest were around the corner from us.

Weather, shore excursions, relaxed crowd aboard and more made it great.

We went to a beach in Jamaica, stingrays in Cayman and rode Segways to a hotel in Cozumel for snorkeling and the beach.

Here are the first wave of photos I have uploaded:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leeusry/sets/72157621138691712/

Very nice and well written review! Loved the pics too. :D I'll be taking my grandkids THIS Sunday (I love saying that), what did your son have to say about his experiences in Circle C?

This is my first trip sailing with young teens and I'm a little nervous about their activities starting so late in the evening when grandma is normally asleep. :rolleyes: Naps.......I can see naps in my future!

Thanks for the review!

Cathy

The last time we went he was 7 so not quite on his own!

Most all the Circle C activities don't even START till 8:30!! They have their own separate 'disco' (Henri's) in addition to the Circle C room. They played late-night dodgeball, twister, battle of the sexes, laser tag, etc. and he just chose what he wanted to participate in. They also have Wiii and Playstation set-ups for the kids too.

I just let him go by himself and come back whever he was done. They do have a curfew on the ship (I believe for kids it's midnight) so all the activities are over by then.

Very nice and well written review! Loved the pics too. :D I'll be taking my grandkids THIS Sunday (I love saying that)' date=' what did your son have to say about his experiences in Circle C? [/size']

This is my first trip sailing with young teens and I'm a little nervous about their activities starting so late in the evening when grandma is normally asleep. :rolleyes: Naps.......I can see naps in my future!

Thanks for the review!

Cathy

• 1 month later...
Tuesday, June 30

We wandered around the shops until 1PM, where there was a wonderful ventriloquist & comedy workshop scheduled. My son, ever since he discovered Jeff Dunham on You Tube, has been FASCINATED with ventriloquism. This guy, Marc Rubben, was supposed to do a one-hour clinic, but ended up staying with my son & several other interested young men until 2:45! He showed us all his dummies, told them how to practice and get started, suggested several books, etc. It was very informative and my son loved it!

537090513_IMG_3974_640x480.jpg

Great photo! I'm glad you enjoyed the comedy workshop! Be sure to have your son look up Marc on youtube. He has videos with over 1 million views. And if your son needs any more "tips" on ventriloquism or comedy, let me know. (Marc is my hubby!)

Archived