Resolution to our "Wonderful P.G. Experience;Terrible Ending

UmaS

Wanted to share with you all what happened when we complained to Radisson

about our terrible experience with our day-room at Le Meridien following our

recent P.G. cruise. I sent a letter to the cruiseline, as did our travel agent.

I also sent a letter to Le Meridien. Le Meridien responded with a

nice letter apologizing for our troubles, and informing us they were refunding

the money Radisson paid them for the day-room to Radisson. Radisson subsequently refunded that money to us, with an additional credit for both my

husband and me to use toward a future cruise valid through the end of next

year. Interestingly, Radisson's Manager of Guest Relations noted that they have

experienced declining service levels overall in the hotels.

We are satisfied with the way both Le Meridien and Radisson handled our

complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, a great ending.

I can't help but point out that, in general, we have found land accomodations in French Polynesia to leave much to be desired. During our day room stay at the Le Meridien in Feb '03, I could not get the room AC to cool it below 78 degrees --- and it was a very warm 78! As is our custom, we take some beverages (hard and soft) from the PG for our day room stay, rather than paying the astronomical prices at these hotels. I had to raise heck when the hotel maid came in and removed OUR beverages from the room refrigerator. Then, upon check out, I had to argue with the desk clerk about the fact that I hadn't taken any of THEIR beverages our of the refigerator! And, of course, luggage is delivered to your room "whenever." Finally, this may be just me, but I've yet to have a meal on land in FP that didn't make me start looking for a "Mickey D's!"

Thanks,

Richard:(

My parents got a very nice credit of $2,000.00 for future sailing, for saying 3 little words my brother and I did not say. I GOT SICK!! My family and I (6 of us) went to the British Isles on a Celebrity 12 day cruise. All of us except my healthy Mom, came down with the flu at different times. :eek: I guess it is some kind of law that the ship reports sicknesses. We almost didn't even get to go because the flights were messed up. (the ship gave each couple $200.00 ship credit for that mix up) To top that, Our first grandchild was born early, and we were sick when we arrived home, We had to adore him from afar.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Sometimes you just have to speak up. Don't ever forget those three little words. Rlf

Archived