Future cruise voucher question

Has anyone used the futured cruise voucher? I was going to use mine for an upcoming 5 day cruise but after reading the fine print on the back it says that for a 5 day cruise you only get 50.00 per cabin. I paid 100.00 for the voucher and my understanding was that they would match that for a 200.00 on board credit. Can someone explain this to me please?

We have purchased them and used them - for a 5 day cruise you would get a 50.00 on board credit, for a 6-9 day cruise you get 100.00 OBC, for 10+ day cruises you get 200.00 OBC.

We only use ours for a 7 day cruise so we get 100.00 OBC.

People say that you can not put it toward the deposit of your cruise however, we did on our upcoming Valor cruise. We booked myself in the cabin (paid 250.00) sent in the voucher, got another 100.00, then booked the other person in the cabin (paid 150.00) and we have the OBC of 100.00

Hope that wasn't too confusing, they are a great deal if you do a longer cruise

Is that 50.00 in addition to the 100.00 you paid for the voucher?

You paid $100 for the voucher which is applied to your payment. So your cruise price is minus the $100 when you send in the voucher. Then depending how long you cruise that is where the perk comes in that you didn't already pay for. We put it to our 7 day cruise and we will recieve $100 on board credit when on the ship. So we doubled our money.

We just booked an Alaskan cruise and hope to buy another voucher on the cruise we take before then to put towards that Alaskan cruise. I heard you can do this with already booked cruises.

I have our 4-10-10 Freedom cruise booked with the "future cruise" deal.(Yes, 7+ day= $100 OBC) CCL could make it so much clearer is they would just call it an "OBC in the future" deal. That's the only advantage of this program, as far as I can see!;)

Yes only certain ships. We would like to buy more but we sail more shorter cruises and they only seem to sell them on the newer ships. We just used our last one yesterday. Our example; Total cruise price for 4 day cruise for two, 489 minus 100 for voucher, 389 charged to our credit card(we could have it applied right away but you can't with Early saver) plus 50 OBC. We have used two and not had a problem. We love them and wish they would sell them on more ships or through Carnival. Cindy

.....anyone selling these vouchers on any of my cruises. Is it only on certain ships that they do this? If so which ones?

:confused:

wasiii

I called Carnival last week asking the same question and I was told they are only sold on the Splendor, Liberty, Valor, Freedom, and Conquest.

I think Biggar explained it best but basically you get the 100.00 you paid for the voucher applied to your cruise; then you either get $50, $100 or $200 as an OBC

We love them and will plan on buying a few of them on the Valor on our upcoming trip.

I called Carnival last week asking the same question and I was told they are only sold on the Splendor, Liberty, Valor, Freedom, and Conquest.

.....quick response f4.

:)

wasiii

We have purchased them and used them - for a 5 day cruise you would get a 50.00 on board credit, for a 6-9 day cruise you get 100.00 OBC, for 10+ day cruises you get 200.00 OBC.

Actually, the small print says $75 on a 6 day cruise (not $100)

Archived