AMA Waterways specials

MSEm

We are planning to book a cruise with AMA Waterways.

I worry about booking early and missing out on special pricing offers. Will AMA honor special pricing or price drops before final payment?

Thanks for the help.

MSEm

We are planning to book a cruise with AMA Waterways.

I worry about booking early and missing out on special pricing offers. Will AMA honor special pricing or price drops before final payment?

Thanks for the help.

MSEm

Hi

We booked several weeks ago with a buy on get one free for Sept. You might want to see if you can get that one if it has the iten. you like. Good Luck!

• 2 months later...

I inquired with AMA yesterday about the same question. I am looking at Sept. 2010 and they said that they would not honor any special discounts if I had already booked. They offered discounts for 2009 and if you don't book now for 2010, you might get closed out, but if they are not full closer to the date, then they will offer discounts which would not be available to us. Something is not right with this philosophy.

I decided to hold off on booking a trip with AMA for April 2010.

After reading the fine print in the brochure the cancallation penalty is 50% of the deposit.

The required deposit was $450 per person. I was told by the AMA agent that I could get all of my money back if a purchased the insurance from them. Also the insurance preminum is non refundable. I also purchase trip insurance but not from the cruise or tour operator.

The 5% early booking discount was to end on 31 July, then 31 August and now on 30 September.

I will continue to wait and watch both the AMA trip and air fares.

MSEm

I inquired with AMA yesterday about the same question. I am looking at Sept. 2010 and they said that they would not honor any special discounts if I had already booked. They offered discounts for 2009 and if you don't book now for 2010, you might get closed out, but if they are not full closer to the date, then they will offer discounts which would not be available to us. Something is not right with this philosophy.

If you owned a store and had a end of season clearance sale would you then refund everyone that bought the items not on sale the difference between what they paid and the sale price?

I booked our AMA Danube cruise a year early, since I had previously missed out since the ships booked out so early. When I booked I asked about price decreases and was told that they won't be coming down. I watched the prices closely to see if they did. Sure enough, they never did, even during the year of some of the biggest price decreases in the industry. For a river cruise, it is more important to book early, since you might not get a chance to book later. There just aren't that many cabins on each cruise to gamble on something being available when you make up your mind.

AMA is now offering some discounts, cabin upgrade and also a ship board credit on selected European & Russian cruises. Most of the cruises are at the beginning or near the end of the season. A couple of voyages in for late June or July.

I just booked our April Black Sea voyage from Budapest to Istanbul. We received a $250 per person discount, cabin upgrade and a small on board credit.

Now it's time to start looking for an air fare sale for the spring.

We are planning to extend our trip with an additional 5 nights in Istanbul. I have found a small hotel near the Blue Mosque that is totally NON SMOKING.

MSEm

msem2 at cableone dot net

• 1 year later...

Archived