Sharps container?

I know this may have been asked before but, will Carnival provide a sharps container for my use in the cabin? I have just been diagnosed with diabetes and have to test my blood daily. If they don't provide them can I bring an empty pill bottle with me to use to dispose of my test supplies.? Also, is there a charge for this container and is there a charge?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is directly from Carnivals Website, I hope you find it helpful.

Diabetes/ Medicine Storage

If you are traveling with injectable medication(s) and need a container for disposal, please contact the Medical Center or Housekeeping onboard. Staterooms are equipped with mini-bars which are designed to maintain the temperature of beverages. Please do not use it to store medications that have specific temperature requirements. Should you need to store medicine that needs proper refrigeration, please visit Guest Services where access to a refrigerator is available 24 hours a day.

For your reference, not all ships have mini-bars, so this impacts only the following ships:

• Carnival Conquest

• Carnival Dream

• Carnival Freedom

• Carnival Glory

• Carnival Legend

• Carnival Liberty

• Carnival Miracle

• Carnival Pride

• Carnival Spirit

• Carnival Splendor

• Carnival Valor

Additionally, the suites in some of our ships have refrigerators. These refrigerators are adequate for medicine storage, but guests are always welcome to contact Guest Services for assistance.

Yes, they will provide a sharps container. I would contact special needs ahead of time to arrange this. btw, it was not there when we boarded and it still took some doing to get the cooler open and the sharps container. The lady we were with was getting quite upset it took most of the first evening so be patient.

My wife is diabetic and they provided us a sharps container on the Destiny. Mention it to your PVP when you book your cruise and he/she will send you the "special needs" form to fax back to them.

The container magically appeared in our room during the turndown service.

Our cabin stewards have been most helpful with seeing that I have a sharps container. They usually have replaced it when it seemed to be getting full without being asked.

Amazingly, I find the food on Carnival is conducive to good blood sugar readings. (I am an insulin dependent diabetic, so I eat pretty much what I want and adjust my dosage to compensate.)

Enjoy your cruise.

Doc

• 2 weeks later...

I am not insuline dependent, but do have to test my blood daily and have the test strip and the lancets that need to be disposed of.

Thank you all for the info. It was very helpful and I guess I will notify Carnival of the need for a sharps container, but like the idea of the empty soda bottle until it is delivered.

Archived