Alaska Airlines Baggage Fee's

klfrodo

Starting July 7th, Alaska Airlines will start charging $15 for the first piece of checked luggage with a caveat

Along with that charge comes a guarantee that your luggage will be in baggage claim within 25 minutes of the plane parking at the gate. If your luggage is not delivered within 25 minutes, Alaska will give the passenger 1 (one) $25 voucher for next flight or 2500 miles.

There are some exceptions of course. More info at http://www.Alaskaair.com

I did speak to some of their baggage handlers at the Seatac airport and they said that making the 25 minute cutoff won't be much of a problem anyway.

We're booked on Alaska air through Delta...reservations were made last December before the fees started, but Delta has their own fee prior to that. Does anyone know if we fall under Alaska rules or delta? My confirmation is from delta but booked as Alaska flight 9. I'll be prepared to pay if needed but would loved to skip as I'm sure you might guess!

You'll pay depending on who the 1st flight (metal) is with. If the flight is an AS tagged or AS codeshare on DL 'operated by Alaska Air', you'll pay the Alaska Air fee.

Its totally Alaska Air, its a non-stop from MCO...so, since it was booked 12/31/08 I should be in the free zone! We've already got it down to one bag each, I think I'll be sure to have all our confirmations printed out before we go.

Thanks for your help.

Its totally Alaska Air, its a non-stop from MCO...so, since it was booked 12/31/08 I should be in the free zone! We've already got it down to one bag each, I think I'll be sure to have all our confirmations printed out before we go.

Thanks for your help.

Better check this out thoroughly. While it may be AS flight 9, that flight is also Delta 8998 codeshare. You may have to check in with Delta and NOT AS. This will have no impact on luggage fees, as your ticket was purchased before the cut off date.

Better check this out thoroughly. While it may be AS flight 9, that flight is also Delta 8998 codeshare. You may have to check in with Delta and NOT AS. This will have no impact on luggage fees, as your ticket was purchased before the cut off date.

99.9% of the time you check in with the OPERATING airline, not the codeshare airline. Good to always double check but I would be surprised if not shocked if check in is with Delta.

Archived