Westin New Orleans Canal Place

GreytRacer

I got this hotel on Priceline for our visit post-cruise next month. It was in the "French Quarter" when bidding (was hoping for the Omni. Oh well. :rolleyes:), but it seems to be on the edge of the FQ.

How long will it take us to walk over to Bourbon St, Preservation Hall, etc? My favorite hurricanes are at LaFitte's Blacksmith Shop and that looks to be a long way away!

Nola is a walking town anyway. Shouldn't be a very long walk. Lots of shops or bars along the way to shop or get an ice cold beverage. :)

You can always catch the trolley along the River down to Jax Brewery & walk over to Bourbon Street.

Lafitte's would probably the farthest point you'd want to walk to - and it is a bit of a walk (maybe a mile) - most of the other places much closer. You also have the option of either the Riverside streetcar or the Canal Streetcar (actually sometimes the same streetcar, but you have to watch the number) to either Bourbon Street or Jax, Jackson Square or even the Mint. Streetcars are $1.25 per person each time you board, but you can get a daily or multi-day pass.

I'm curious how much your bid was and how many stars?

This is what I posted on Better Bidding that explained what I did. Hope it helps!:

After watching HOTWIRE, I decided to change directions and go with PRICELINE. Got the Westin New Orleans Canal Place, 2 rooms for 2 nights, for $79 per night per room. Their website is showing $149 per night for our dates.

I bid $75 for a 4 star in the French Quarter. Bid was denied, but was offered a free bid if I increased by $22. I declined and rebid (added in New Orleans East-no 4 stars) at $79 and was accepted. The nights of the stay are August 6 - 8, 2009.

This is what I posted on Better Bidding that explained what I did. Hope it helps!:

After watching HOTWIRE, I decided to change directions and go with PRICELINE. Got the Westin New Orleans Canal Place, 2 rooms for 2 nights, for $79 per night per room. Their website is showing $149 per night for our dates.

I bid $75 for a 4 star in the French Quarter. Bid was denied, but was offered a free bid if I increased by $22. I declined and rebid (added in New Orleans East-no 4 stars) at $79 and was accepted. The nights of the stay are August 6 - 8, 2009.

I will keep that in mind. Thank you!

Archived